Anyone conceived with Clomid ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by kvds, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kvds

kvds New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Anyone of you conceived with clomid 50 mg (5 days).
    Is there any risk factor of conceiving with this? I mean, is there higher chance for miscarriage, tubular pregnancy etc if conceived with the help of clomid ? Pls share your personal experiences...

Actualy Iam trying for a second child and I have hypothyroidism and PCOS.

I stay abroad & when I taked 2 my Doctor in India, He asked me to take clomid & Metformin hydrochloride 1000mg and then try. I am worried b'coz He suggested this to me without doing any tests ...

(I conceived my first child naturally.... But I was on metformin 500mg during the first 4 months of my pregnancy.)

Pls reply.

2. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Kvds,

I conceived with the help of Clomid, on my 5th cycle.
    I am currently 25 weeks pregnant, have not faced any issues so far.

Hope this helps.

3. coolheart

coolheart New IL'ite

Hi,

I feel fertility medicines and metformin should be given only after doing tests.
    Please go to a doctor and get your sugar levels tested.
    I did take clomid, metformin... it just ended in miscarriage. I have Pcos, but my sugar levels are normal (controlled through natural ways and exercise). I dont know about American doctors but here in India even good docs blindly prescribed fertility medicines and metformin when they detected PCOS.
    I am actually very fertile but suffer from very early miscarriages. Docs prescribed fertility meds saying that it will help in better egg quality.
    We tried this time without any medicines. I am in my 2nd tri no probs as of now (god's grace).
    Every body is different. So are you. I suggest you to go to a doc who checks you for problems and pop in pills only if its needed.....

:).