1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone afraid of needles ??

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by droplet, Feb 8, 2014.

1. droplet

droplet Silver IL'ite

Hello all,

I want to check if I am the only person who is afraid of needles. For me it is the fear of pain thought I know it is not painful. This may look childish for many, but believe me today I tried to postpone visiting a doctor fearing she will ask me to take a blood test. :roll:
    Before I used to cry when the nurse opens a syringe bottle, but now I try to control.
    but I have seen small kids around 8-10 years showing their hand for the test without any fear.
    Anyway today my dh got a topic to laugh at gigglingsmiley

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Droplet, am there, no worries, even today I cry at the sight of it and when pregnant, they needed an extra nurse to hold me while taking blood tests.

its not the pain alone, but the sight of the sharp, evil needle that doesn't work for me.

3. englishtutorjul

englishtutorjul Silver IL'ite

I cringe at the very thought of it.

4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hey Droplet,
    Don't worry..you are not alone...I am scared to death going for injections..I don't cry..I appear to be normal but tremble inside..I close my eyes tightly..I had an appointment for some test..my husband told the doctor straight away that she is scared and skipping to go through this examination..I was like :bang Why did I take him along with me..I was staring at him..the doctor said let me see how she gets scared..It was not all postponed next day..immediately she made me undergo the examination..I started screaming..she was like..even a girl who is in her labour would not have screamed like you..you girl..you survived wright?? Nothing happened to you..now get up..I had a big fight with my hubby for that..he was laughing non stop...

2 people like this.
  5. droplet

droplet Silver IL'ite

Let me share with you another story.

first visit.
    i visited a dentist last year. I started crying when she took the needle out. Seeing me cry she called out for her assistant to hold my hands.
    After we came out my dh was like laugh1smiley for the whole day.
    he even took a photo of me crying and he send it to my mother.
    Next day on the phone my mom and my dh were having good time. friendssmiley

Second visit.
    my dh and I was waiting at the reception for the doctor to call us inside.Then her assistant came out and accompanied me to the doctors room.
    When we were walking thru the corridor

Me to assistant :" are you going needles today also"
    Assistant : Yes. We may have to
    My reaction : :cry: shakehead
    Dh reaction : gigglingsmiley

Fast forward today :

i have to take my flu shot. I have been giving out lame excuses and keep on postponing. When dh ask me to come yesterday I said we will go tomorrow. When today he called I told him not today let's go tomorrow. I don't know how am I going to escape tomorrow