1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone a Fan of the oldies!!!!

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by geeta2009, Jul 16, 2010.

1. geeta2009

geeta2009 New IL'ite

Hi Guys!!!

I am a big fan of the old retro music. I like any kind if retro music, any genre rock, classical, soft rock, hard rock, r&b.

I like both Hindi and English music, old bollywood music still makes me break out in goose bumps. I like any songs by Kishore Kumar, Pancham, Asha Bhosle, Eric Clapton ,Elvis Presly, Willie Nelson, Nat King Cole...

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Me too , me too :hiya,

A great fan of the old numbers. Both Hindi and Tamil songs.

But do not hear much of English. Not that I hate them..its just that I was less exposed to it and have little knowledge of it. Maybe will expand my horizon after starting the posts here :-D.

3. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

ye very true i am also a great fan of hindi songs.
    i have huge collection of old songs.:thumbsup

4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I like any Kishore Kumar and Rafi songs and all SD Burman and RD Burman music.

5. GoswamiSush

GoswamiSush New IL'ite

Oh yes! I also simply love old Hindi songs - even Mukesh and Talat Mahmood apart from Rafi, Kishore, Geeta Dutt, Lata M.,...... What about Rafi's "Man tarpat hari darshan ko aaj" and Lata's "Rula ke gaya sapna mera". Am humming myself now. I am new here but feel like amongst old friends. :)

6. gkshyam

gkshyam Silver IL'ite

I guess my case would be similar to that of Ms.Saraswati (2nd poster on this thread)....

Big fan of all the oldies.... language no bar...! :)

But yes, exposure to English oldies has been pretty limited. Have just heard some occasional numbers.... but yes, when it comes to Hindi, Tamizh, Malayalam, Marathi etc..... Love them all..... Enjoy piling on to my collections always... :)

I would prefer not to take names of my favourite artistes here... prefer to be unbiased... I love & respect all the singers & composers & lyricists of yesteryears.. :)

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I like old songs - Tamil, Hindi, English

8. Roopali

Roopali New IL'ite

Hi All,

Am a great fan of the good old retro songs!!! or as they " humare bachpan ke gaane" ... I mean wht's happened to the songs these days..they have become so formula based... you know.. what happened to creating music the good old way!!!

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Huge, huge fan of old Hindi and Tamil songs. I don't listen to too much of Ensglish mainly because I don't understand the lyrics!!!

I just looooooooove Talat Mehmood and Manna Dey and Anil Biswas is one of my favorite music directors!! Female singers, I actually like Suman Kalyanpur way more than Lata, but feel sorry for her for not getting too many opportunities like Lata/Asha!!

Tamil, PBS and SPB and KJY are my most, most favorite singers and of course MSV, Ilayaraja are like the awesomest Music Directors
    :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  10. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

I just love the old golden music days.... the days the rafi, pancham, kishore, asha, lata, and so so many other who people do not even remember.