Anybody from IT field in Bahrain?

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by shanmu13, Jun 24, 2010.

1. shanmu13

shanmu13 New IL'ite

Dear IL's

I have been in Bahrain for 1 1/2 years now. I'm working here as IT admin in a firm. I'm a B.E graduate and worked in Bangalore in top MNC before marriage. Since i was just married and wanted to be with my DH i took this job. thinking i can search for one here later.

But to my surprise, ladies are not treated equally here. when i called up or applied to some vacancies, no response atall. the consultant even told that we dont consider ladies for IT. I'm shocked. I'm qualified, have worked in MNC's in India, had lots of international assignments.then why so. Now for my career i have thought of going back to Bangalore after this contract.

Has anybody here faced the similar situation. Please discuss.

2. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanmu,

I faced the same situation in Kuwait. Atleast you are employed with some company but I searched and fed up and I left Searching IT job. I was in Kuwait for 1 and 1/2 years.

I used to apply /post 50 resumes per day, not even one reply. In one advertisement, they gave some number, so I called that consultancy and asked, you know whats the reply. 'They do not prefer female for IT jobs'. After this I stopped applying for jobs. I think in all Middle East countries, this is the case.

The only problem for us is if we want to go with our career, husband and wife cant be together. For husbands, they cant get job in India because of their petro/chemical/Oil and Gas industries. One need to be adjusted ma.

take care.

3. shanmu13

shanmu13 New IL'ite

Hi Kokila,

Thanks for discussing.It's so damn true. that if we are career oriented then, husband and wife cant be together.b'coz my DH is in Hotel industry. and 'm in IT industry.

If we were nurse or teachers then i guess no problem.

So are you still in Kuwait or moved back? and what is your profile.

4. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

Hi Shanmu,

I am in IT industry aswell and moved to bahrain 6 months back after my marriage.I was working in Dubai prior to moving to Bahrain and luckily the same company offered me job in Bahrain here now.Are you still in Bahrain?Hope u'll find a good job here soon too.

Byee,
    Jyothi.

5. shanmu13

shanmu13 New IL'ite

Hi Jyothi,

yes, 'm in Bahrain. I live in Hoora. I see that you are in Juffair. Nice to know you.
    So in which domain are you in.

6. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanmu,

I vacated from Kuwait to Chennai. Me and my hubby looking for jobs here.