Anybody enjoy taking break on a working day and stay alone at home????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nishatw, Oct 20, 2010.

1. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

I am Nisha a working woman with a wonderful husband. I am carrying now and now in the 6th month. I and my husband are software engineers who work 5 days a week. Weekends also will go in hurry burry because of cleaning house,washing clothes,cooking food 3 times a day,shopping for grocery,vergetables etc. But friends, sometimes i like to take an off from the work for a day and sit alone at home watching some good movie of my choice and taking care of myself. Don't u think it's required for everyone?
    I would like to sip a cup of hot coffee, have some spicy snacks and sit leaning on the sofa with my legs stretched and watch tv without any disturbance. Then have a good lunch and then an afternoon nap and again get up and have some coffee or tea with snacks. or just go out for a walk or shopping to near by mall etc.
    How many of u like to have a day for their own alone ????

2. redradium

redradium Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nisha,

I too just love it and I do feel once in a while it is necessary, a time all to pamper ourselves! I am working, but not married yet. As you say, I too just love to take a break from work and stay at home, lazily doing what I like at my own pace :)
    One thing, I prefer to while away my time at home instead of going out.
    Also, I somehow try to catch up with the movie on K tv on such a day ;)
    Also, a pleasant weather with some mild drizzle, will add to my enjoyment and I feel very relaxed and nice on such a day, simply gazing out of the window!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

yes, that's also great. My husband knows this love of mine and he gives a mischevious smile when i tell him i am taking leave today. Sometimes i like to go for shopping alone too. But sitting at home is the most enjoyable thing! If i sit on weekend like that i dnt feel much fun, taking leave and sitting has it's own joys ;-P

4. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi Nisha,

Count me In......Let me tell you,now are Free.Once you are with baby,your me time will feel more important.For me i feel like staying at home sending DS to school and sitting at home.Anywhere i go my 5 year old follows.Even to beauty parlour,if he is at home(holidays/vacations).Now, obviously i cantgo to facials with him for 1 hr.He wont let me do it.BUt waxing,threading it is ok.

So addition from my side is specailly when DS is not at home i really feel to sit back at home and do nothing.But just one day........After that i just feel like running out.....

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I call it "mental health" day. Call in sick to work, sleep late, watch tv, eat junk, go shopping, talk to my friends - whatever I feel like doing. I do it atleast once in 3 months to recharge my batteries :)

6. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

yes, but only side effect for "mental health day" is that my general leaves are very less now:-(( Sometimes i just have a visit to my favourite parlour also on that day.
    There'll not be any rush i can go thru some magazines lazily while they do pedicure,manicure or with henna's cooling effect on my head. Oh i just love it!

7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Nisha.........thats what I wish too dear......
    Put my feet up, with a hot tea and relaxed on the couch just doing nothing, with the TV on.........what bliss........I am waiting for that day !!

8. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

And priti, i am going to become a mom soon being 6 months pregnant. People say that after having a baby u cant find time for anything else! i am a bit scared abt it thinking whether my "me time" will be history then! But anyways we won't mind sacrificing anything for our kids...:)

9. reema4frd

reema4frd New IL'ite

Taking off after a long time, Say 'Cheers' to hubby with a couple f beers.Itz wonderful relaxing moment.I am enjoying it no tension no worries at least for a day.:rotfl

10. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Nisha,

It really is required.

I have worked and am still working for the past 17 years. I too feel like it. While I take an off I generally like to sleep most of the day, order food from out.

Last january I was so fed up of the routine that I quit my job and stayed home for 6 months, just killing time and watching TV etc. It was good while it lasted, but got too boring.

Finally I picked up another job and am back to the same routine now.

Regards,
    Uma