Anybody else not happy with this Ultrasound Centre?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by satin, Jan 14, 2010.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

My doctor wanted me to go only to Sanjeevani Ultrasound centre at shenoynagar,it is not even a proper ultrasound centre but rather setup in a house,with only one ultrasound machine,2 doctors,2 co-workers,a dog not even tied and let loosely and only pregnant women are coming here,I dont know what specialty this centre has and the day I went there the other women who came there were also not happy with them,they told everybody to wait and repeat(I dont understand how come everybody will have to repeat the scan),other than that a really rude doctor who does not even wanted to show our baby to us from the beginning,you are allowed to see your own baby for only 1 min,the one I went before when I was in Hyderabad will allow us to see from the beginning.Please are they special in any way than other centres,please I really wanted to know this.I am staying in annanagar so atleast it is okay for people like me but I even saw people from redhills coming here,so dont know ,in what way they are so special.

thanks.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satin,
    Ultrasound centers, labs & other things have some bonds with the doctors who write prescription. So, they will prefer to write to particular centers. If you are not comfortable with the scan center, either talk to the doctor to change the scan center or talk to the incharge of the center about your worries.

For a normal abdominal scan, my gynec wrote to a very popular & big scan center where i need to wait for 15 days minimum to get appointments. She was firm to get the scan done in that place as it is good in the data it presents.

Take care.

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Their intention is to make fools out of us. What is so special about this center which any other center cant find out for a pregnancy scan. Maybe the dog has something special!!!! Everybody has a cut / commission. Follow your instincts and be wise.

Deepa

4. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I agree with the ladies,

I also fell into the same trap... my checkup in India my gynec wanted me to go that scan center only, i thought it might be good since she is insting so much on that scan center.

When I went there, It was 18th week scan .. it was supposed to be done in detail, but i was so shocked that Dr just took 1min... I swear he just put the fluid on tummy and just went up n down and sd its down, I asked him why he is not looking into details he sd no problem he looked into it... I sd in 1 min..???? and he kept on telling that they is going to be a power cut so he has to be quick.

I came back and went to my Gynec and gave her my piece of mind :rant and changed her.

5. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Thank everybody for your support.Actually last time when I went to meet my doctor I wanted to ask her about taking my future scans at a famous clinic near by,but when she finished writing the scan prescription and gave it to me she said it so stern and with a serious voice.. "Take this scan ONLY at Sanjeevani",so I wasnt able to tell anything and moreover I went alone,this timie I will be going with my husband to meet the doctor maybe I will get the guts to ask her :idea.

Other than that there are so many pregnant women who come there,their dog might be their pet or the one of the type people quote "Oh! he does not bit anybody,he is very good"..but I saw many were women scared the minute they saw that dog,what will happen if it bites,who will face the consequences.This often makes me think that US is so much better than India sometimes,atleast they will be careful so that we dont sue them in any case.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Satin,

It's not the case of U.S or India..Wherever you are you "deserve" quality health care...If you don't like that scan centre then tell your doctor sternly...Don't be afraid of her..After all you are not getting your services for free..You are paying every penny from your pocket...If she still insists that you take your scans at that "crap" centre then It's TIME TO CHANGE YOUR DOCTOR..
    If she doesn't listen to you for a normal scan then I can only imagine what will happen for your delivery..You will not be allowed to say a word...

If I were you I would start looking for another Gynic who is understanding and listens to me...
    Just my 2 cents!!