1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody Baby-Sitting

Discussion in 'Baby Sitting / Day Care' started by Sashmitaa, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi ILites,

I would like to get some information from U people. First one, is it necessary for getting workpermit to babysitting? How much people normally charges? I would like to know for agegroups from 3 to 9. If anybody knows about this pl reply me.

Thanks in advance
    Lakshmi

2. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

Baby Sitting

hi Lakshmi,
    By now you must have got the info you needed. But just in case....
    I used to pay $5.00/hr for my 3 yr old daughter ( Houston - TX) . My daughters' Day Care teacher used to take my daughter to her home when I had some urgent work in the office. She used to also feed my little one depending on the time of the day.
    I think you have to get a license if you want to start a Day Care center or to be legally registered as a "Babysitter". Not very sure of what and how to get it. You have to take a Child Safety Course. If you are a mother, I think it is exempted.
    May be this would help....
    http://nrc.uchsc.edu/STATES/states.htm
    http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/babysitting/
    Sharada

3. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Baby-sitting at their own place

Hi Lakshmi,

I know one of my friend in Florida used to do baby sitting at her home. She was in H4 status at that time so could not go out for work. But I know she did not take any work permit legally and was doing it for cash. She used to baby sit a 3 1/2 year old kid and was charging $8/hr. This was from 8am - 5pm. For every extra hour, she was getting $10/hr. The parents of the kid used to drop her and pick her up from her home and they also gave everything the kid required during the day - like lunch, snacks, juices, etc.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
    Nila