1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Any water falls near Washington DC?

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by Cindhuja, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Sriha,

Thanks for your reply ! Yes, I am in Central Virginia.

You've mentioned that the path is narrow and steep. Is it a mountainous area? Will it be slippery and rocky? Will children be able to manage this?

We once went hiking on the blue ridge mountains..where the path was narrow & steep..will it be somewhat similar to that?

Sorry for bothering you with too many questions ! :hide: Appreciate your answers please !!

Cheers
    Krithika

2. sriha

sriha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    The Path to the falls is not too steep but as u near the falls it will be Rocky u have to be very careful in viewing the falls after climbing into the rocks. View from the upper part of the falls is good for kids, but if u want to go near the water, the path is too steep and i think it is not easy for kids to walk.

If u go out on a very hot summer day u will really feel the heat. Better go to the falls on the days when the heat warning is not issued.

No problem in asking questions.

With Regards
    Sriha

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hey thanks a lot Sriha !! Planning to go one of these days during the weekend...let me see...!!

This whole week, has been quite hot & humid here in central virginia...will plan accordingly...

thanks again !

4. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Sorry Krithika,

Couldnt reply immdly...i was a little messed up...real busy with my new born.....but am glad Sriha answered all your questions...anyways wish you a wonderful vacation at greatfalls...do let us know how it was once you come back.....

Sri