1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips for oily hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Natasha14, May 5, 2013.

1. Natasha14

Natasha14 Junior IL'ite

everytime i need wash my hair before gong out...is there any way to get rid of it?

2. sushshetty

sushshetty Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Hope this helps :)

Care of Oily Hair & Scalp Condition:
    The principle of care for oily hair and scalp condition is the same as used for oily skin condition. The routine aims at removing the excess oil and to exfoliate skin cells which clog up and suffocate the hair follicles in our scalp. The emphasis is laid on cleansing and toning routines. Since the hair has to be washed as frequently as it gets dirty and oily, a natural shampoo on a formulation of herbs such as amla, shikakai, trijla is ideal. Massaging hair and scalp is important for the well being as well as good growth of the hair. For oily hair massaging with toning lotion is suitable.
    Home-made Cosmetics for Oily Hair:
    • Take some dry soap nuts (reetha) and soak them in water overnight. Mash them in the morning and strain the soapy solution. Add a tsp of shikakai powder and wash your hair. If you are unable to make the shampoo cleanser at home, use this infusion recipe. Prepare it and mix in the shampoo you use.
    • To make the infusion, boil two handfuls of mint leaves in one and a half glass of water for 20 minutes. Strain the solution and mix in a 300ml bottle of shampoo.

Cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. vickyhall

vickyhall Guest

Soak the foot every night, maybe your skin and hair will not be so oily.

4. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

I have oily hair aswell and when i rinse it with a spoon full of lemonjuice in a cup of water after washing it, it doesnt get oily as fast. You can aslo use lemon peels rubbing along the scalp,some people do. The quick fix for oily hair when you dont have time or place to wash it is dry shampoo. That is using a small amount of either cocoa, coffee or sandalwood powder to massage it into your calp and then brush it out with good brusg. The brush will get dirty that why it might be good to put a rough cloth over it so the bristle sticks out and then brush, remove cloth and u dont need to clean the brush.
    However if your hair is oily everyday you should try out different shamppo,home made shampoo and finf one that suits your hair best. Probaly your shampoo is to agressive causing your head to oil much.

1 person likes this.