1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

any tips for making indian baby sit in car seat comfortably?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pats, May 25, 2013.

1. pats

pats New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I moved to US with 5 month old baby. My baby is really not comfortable to sit in car seat but unfortunately its a mandatory rule here :(

Are there any tips which you have tried to make them comfortable in the car seat? Or is it just a matter of time for them to get used to?

please help me!!

2. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Babies get used to it, safety is the most important thing so it is not unfortunate that that is a rule here. Here the speed limit is very high.

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is a problem for every indian kid that i've seen. Try to make your baby sit in car seat for 30 mins while at home . Get your car seat in your living room , Simply put the baby and belt him . leave him there and talk / sing rhymes . That way slowly he will realize the seat is safe and nothing to be scared off.

While inside the car, try to show videos / sing rhymes to him . You have to train the baby to sit , there is no other option.

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

pats, I would go with it is a matter of time. I have seen some moms sit with their babies in the back and keep them engaged. Personally I have never done that. Perhaps some of the things you can make sure of are that he is well fed, changed etc. Some babies love to fall asleep in the car - based on what your kid likes you can time your outing on that too. Once he is front facing, he will be fine.