Any tamilians?

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by mickeymini, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Enna nadakuru ingga? Rendu perum serndhe enna kaamedy piece-a aakithinggale:rant

LOL! Jokes apart, Santhi, you can call me akka too if you want. I really don't mind though the truth still remains that I am younger to you:rotfl hehe (ithuku peyarthan sandula sindhu paduradhu)

In any event I'm happy there are still people to call me akka. A few days back, I went to a birthday function and a young girl about 12 yrs old called me Aunty! (Aaha, aunty madiriya irukEnu naane enna kEtuke vendiyadha pochu:bonk)
    SO yes, enna dharalama akka nu kupidalama. Aunty ya vidha, ithu evalo mEl!:bowdown

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Mickeymini, sorry for the late reply. Not sure if you are already here in KL or not. Like Preethi, I'm also from around KL so never stayed in a hotel here before. But most hotels here are pretty decent. A friend of mine used to book a room in Hilton Hotel PJ whenever she comes to KL. Hilton is actually a good place to stay. It's in the heart of PJ-very close to KL. Their buffet services are quite good, I heard, though you have to specifially ask for something before you can get them. Hilton is also near to a lot of Indian restaurants. Lotus restaurant is just opposite the hotel, though you have to walk quite a distance to go there. If you're driving, then you can also go around Universiti Malaya(UM). There's Grand City, Sri Paandi & Sri Ganesh restaurants near UM where you can get authentic Indian food including vege food. Grand City is my favorite. I used to study in UM and go there quite often.

If you don't want to stay in Hilton, there's also Le Meridian in KL sentral. It might be quite expensive (not really sure about their rates) but it's in a strategic spot. The hotel is just a walking distance to Brickfields, where you can get both South and North Indian cuisine. It's also near Bangsar where the famous Saravana bhavan restaurant is located. Amazing food there I must say. Though a little pricey, it's a wonderful place to be for vegetarians.
    Le Meridien is in KL sentral, so you're also connected to most of the public transports (that is if you're not driving). You will have direct access to LRT & monorail from the hotel.

3. rajjoo

rajjoo New IL'ite

hi ladies,

anyone from India? i live in butterworth

keen on some job opportunities or business ideas

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi rajjoo..

Butterworth is a nice place, and in Penang you can almost be as if in India itself! with all Indian temples, Indian shopping etc..

Reg Job, its a bit difficult initially.. but it is possible.. Apply in Job Portals! and also try applying to companies personally.

Business Ideas? What kind of?

5. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

Hey Preethi, Sofea, Mickeymimi. Shashiv and Saranya,

How are you all? whats u had at breakfast???

Cheers!!!!

6. preethiitech

hi teddy.. do you speak tamil..!! unga peyar ''teddychikku'' romba different ah iruku!

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Teddy,

Im fine... how are you? I had roti canai for breakfast... How about you?

Shanti

8. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

Hi preethi and shashiv,

How r u doing???

@preethi: I cannot speak tamil but i want to learn...:)

@Shashiv: I have lemon rice...:) i prepared for mY DH lunch so that i had the same with :coffee

9. preethiitech

hi teddy, sofea, shashiv, angel et all..

Kalai vanakkam.. (Good morning)

10. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

hi all..

Very gud morning to all now after 2 mins gud day ahead...

Cheers!