1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any Stay At Home Mom Sending Their Kid For Full Day Preschool? Need Inputs..

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by gknew, Nov 30, 2016.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I have a son who's 3.3yrs old. He has little delay in his communication and my paed told to enroll him in school and wait to see for the improvement.
    Meanwhile, I have got apt for his speech/dev evaluation, which is a long wait though. So, I am planning to enroll him in preschool for now. I have visited a preschool which offers only full day preschool. The other school which offers half day program does not have any vacancy now.

So, I am planning to enroll him in full day preschool. I am totally not agreed to this decision. But hubby says, he can get mingle with other kids and develop some skills. Since I am SAHM, I feel so guilt to take up this. But I can pick up anytime from the school(like 2 o clk/3 o clk/ 4o clk) and drops him around 9/9.30 in the morning. I really don't know what I gonna do full day being at home..

Do any of ur kids go to full day preschool? How do u all manage to that? Please share ur inputs.
    Thanks,
    Girija

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I think you should put your kid of preschool/daycare and it is the right age and will help in development. Since you are at home, it will be much easier. You can start for couple hrs/days per week then increase if he is adjusting fine. Meanwhile you can enjoy your time home, catch a movie or do household work. For me, time flies and I hardly get things done even if she is 3 hrs away.

Mine will go to preschool in next few months

gknew likes this.
  3. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

No Guilt Girija...you are doing whatever you feel the best for your kid...
    There is no moral rulebook which says only working moms should send kids to daycare..
    you can be a SAHM mom and send a baby at 1 year to daycare...it's totally OK!!!
    hows your kid doing now? Did you get a speech therapist?

You can use the time in hand to join some classes for yourself or start some small business if you have the skills...else start looking for some jobs if you are keen to start a career!!!
    Your kid will learn better if you grow too :)

gknew likes this.
  4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for ur inputs craziyrmom.. Have put him in daycare..
    And have got the apt for speech evaluation with a therapist..it's a long wait though..wait s nearly 2 months..
    Yes...have to brush up my skills and restart my career. Currently in a career gap..