Any Slokas to get rid of Kethu dasha

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by DPPP, Jan 9, 2009.

1. DPPP

DPPP New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am new to this Site,and i m a regular visitor of this site .Currently i am facing many problem due to Kethu dash .Please provide me with some slokas which will help me out from this situation.

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

This is for Kethu graha taken from the Navagraha Stotram.

Om Phalasa Pushpa Sankaasam
    Thaarakagraha Masthakam
    Raudram Rudrathmakam Ghoram
    Thamkethum Pranamaamyaham

Hope this helps!

3. DPPP

DPPP New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the reply

4. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

For Kethu dasha,you must worship Lord Ganesha to ward off all the evil effects & remove whatever problems or obstacles you will face during this period.

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

DPPP,

We went thru seven years of horrendous Kethu Dasai, and it was only the Grace of MahaGanapathy that kept us happy and healthy. Like the astrologer said,'cling on to MahaGanapathy for dear life, don't let go! And He will not let go of you.'

Some of the remedies we performed included offering a Ganapathy Homam in the temple on the star of the person who is undergoing kethu Dasa. It does not have to be expensive, we offered Homams for which the temple charged rs 10 per month. In offerings to God, more is not necessarily needed, unless you wish to do so.

Another good remedy is- take a small idol of Ganesha in metal. Immerse it in a copper cup such that Ganesha is upto His chest in water. Chant Sankata NAashana Ganesha Stuti 12 times. After each chant, offer a blade of Dhurva grass (arugam pul). I lived in a place where Dhurva was not available, so I just chanted. After 12 chantings, do a naivedyam of milk or fruit or raisins or sugar candy(anything convenient).

Do this for 12 days. If the water dries up, keep filling so that Ganeshji is always immersed upto His chest. After 12 days and pooja is over, move the cup containing water and Ganesha a little away. This is to formally stop the pooja. If the day is not Friday or Tuesday, you can throw the water where it will not be stamped on.

This remedy was given by a very old astrologer to my grandma who taught me. It is very effective.

A small act of charity for Kethu Dasai includes feeding young boys (preferably students) under 21 years. Age is important.

Over the seven years, at many times, I could not do any of these remedies. Just thinking of MahaGanapathy and submitting to His Grace will cause us much relief.

Goodluck! Remembr, Sukra Dasai comes after kethu Dasai! The horrors of Kethu will soon be forgotten.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Vidhya,

I have a question..

Do we empty the copper cup everyday after the puja or empty the cup only after 12 days?.

"move the cup containing water and Ganesha a little away" - does this mean we need to remove ganesha from the cup and pour the water away. Please clarify.

Also, do you have a copy of Sankata Nashana Sthuthi that you can post in here?

I will be very thankful to you if you can provide this information.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Shilpa,

Jai Sri Ganesh!

To answer your questions, I am giving the steps again:

1) To start the pooja, choose a day, preferably Tuesday. Light the lamp.

2) Make sure you will get 12 full days to complete the pooja, without work pressure, periods etc. If anything, unexpected comes up to break the pooja- don't worry.Just accept it a Ganapathy's Will.

3) Take a copper cup and a small Ganesh idol . The idol's size should be shorter that one human thumb length. Can be any metal like copper, silver, brass, bronze but not steel. Do not use mud idols or those of plastic, fiber glass etc. Also choose a more conventional, simple idol of Ganesh.Not one of the modern drawing room varieties, where Ganapathy is playing violin, or crawling or even dancing.

A simple, regular metal idol of Ganapathy easily found in all shops.Valampiri, Edampiri- no bar.

4) Place the copper cup in your pooja shelf or near the lamp. Place the Ganesha inside. Pour water till Ganesha is immersed to His Chest. Do not cover beyond that, especially be careful, you don't suffocate the Face.

5) This cup is not to be removed for 12 days. The water should also not be emptied for 12 days, till pooja is over. If in hot places, the water evaporates a little, check daily. Always keep Ganapathy immersed up to His chest, by adding little more water, if needed.

6) To do the pooja after installation, ask Ganesha mentally that he should be with you all thru the 12 days and always. That the pooja should be completed successfully by His Grace.

7) Chant Sankata Naashana Ganesha slokam starting, 'Naaradovaacha, Pranamya Shirasaa ----.' It is available in the sloka index in IL, before Shanishwara Slokam, in the second post towards the end.Please check if the link opens to the right slokam.

8) If you can get ArugamPul (Durva grass) keep 12 clean and ready. After each chanting, offer a blade of Dhurva grass.

9) After 12 chantings, offer a namaskaram. Offer a small , simple naivedyam of anything convenient.

10) After 12 days, when the cycle if successfully completed. After the naivedyam, push the cup containing water and Ganesh a little away from the original spot. This is to formally dislodge the installation, to symbolically signify that pooja is fully over.

11) If you start on Tuesday, you will end on Saturday. So, it is a good idea to remove the idol from the cup on that day itself. Deposit the water under a plant where it will not be stamped on.

12) The Grace of Ganapathy will surely be on you.

I have done this and always was blessed with good results. In fact, I observed that each time I did this, I would get a favour granted the very same day. It might be something simple, something that I had not even asked for- but it would happen. And the prupose for which I specifically prayed would also be solved after one or two such poojas. It is a very effective poojai.

Generally, MahagAnapathy is a very easy God to please. He is essentially a baby, a little boy and is willing to be charmed easily. Somehow that endears Him more to me and I love Him and doing this pooja.

Goodluck!

1 person likes this.
  8. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Vidhya,

All thanks dear friend!..I'm also ardent fan of HIM . Your detailed description is really helpful..

I don't get arugampul here, but i from your initial description i believe it can be done without it as well.

Oh, BTW, Is this puja specifically for people undergoing kethu dasa or anyone can do it?..

Jai Ganesha..!

Shilpa.

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Shilpa,

Improvising on what AR Rahman says, all praise only to Ganesha!

This pooja can be done at any time. This is a specific remedial propriation for Kethu Dasai, but can be done at all times. In fact, I think I did one session after my husband's Kethu Dasai passed. And would love to do it again.

If you don't get Arugampul, no problems. I lived in a place where it was not available, moreover at that time, I could not identify the grass properly. I just chanted the sloka 12 times. Later, when I shifted to another country, flowers were available in plenty. I used to offer one small flower after each chant (that of course, was my own improvisation).

Point being- no problems if you dont get arugampul.

Whenever you visit India, if possible, just offer a arugampul garland for Ganesha as a token. Again, this is not part of the prescribed regimen of the prayer.

I have a Karya Siddhi Ganapathy Kolam and slokam.This is done mainly by Maharashtrians. Also very effective for Kethu Dasai and all times. I will try to post that as well.

Goodluck!

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Karya Siddhi Ganapathy Kolam with Slokam

Maybe this kolam and slokam will be interesting. Maharashtrians vouch by this for Karya Siddhi.

Make a wish in your mind.

Draw this kolam with riceflour.

Specially remember to draw the three lines on Ganapathy's forehead and put sindoor/kumkum dots between them.

Say the following slokam 1, 12, 21 times as convenient.

You can place one arugampul or flower for each recitation, if possible. (not compulsory, desirable ).

Offer milk or raisins or just anything as naivedyam.

Slokam:
    Sreekanto Mathuloyasya Janani Sarvamangala
    Janaka Sankara Devottam Vande Aham Kunjarananam.

Make a new kolam every day you do this prayer.

Attached Files: