Any Slokas/Poojas for the well being of children??

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by NithinSrinivas, Jun 15, 2011.

1. NithinSrinivas

NithinSrinivas Senior IL'ite

Hi,

This is my first post to this forum and I believe that I may get a suitable reply as always.

My son is 3 years old and has been talking without any hinderance since the time he started talking. During the last 2-3 months, I've observed that he finds a difficulty in speech. He stutters here and there but not always. He is able to recite rhymes, sing filmy songs sometimes without any issues.

On the medical front, I consulted his doctor who said that it is too early to diagonise and conclude and has asked me to wait and watch for some more time say 6 months. The doc says that it could ibe because he is trying to express a lot of thoughts and finds it difficult to put them into words. As per the doctor's advice, I try to speak to him slowly so that he too catches up on a slow tone and he too does try from his part.

But as a mother, I feel way too depressed on seeing him at such times. Hope you all can understand my feelings.

Also, on the spiritual front, we have a pending pooja at our Kula-Dheivam temple. I wonder that this behavior of my son could be an indication to me to complete it. We have been planning to complete it since last month, but for some reason or the other we are unable to have it done.
    Hope we complete it as early as possible.

But before that, I would like to know if there is any kind of slokas/pooja that can be recited/done for this problem of my son. People who may have info on it, please share your thoughts/inputs.

Waiting for your valuable replies...:)

NOTE::Request the forum moderators to move this post to the appropriate place if required.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Pray to lord Hayagrivar.
    One more way is to Prepare Payasam or any sweet for Hanuman every thursday for 11 weeks.

3. NithinSrinivas

NithinSrinivas Senior IL'ite

Thanks for your quick reply Brahan..

Are there any slokas in particular for Hayagrivar?
    Will try this payasam idea too...

Hope things turn out well...pls keep my son in your prayers!!

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Sure,actually i was discussing about this with my MOm today and was Planning to prepare payasam from tomorrow. The same time i saw your post.

5. jaykrishi

jaykrishi New IL'ite

Hi,
    My son is 3 years old and having the same problem. I saw your post and he is exactly having the same issues as mentioned by you. Did you recite any particular sloka for your son? Any advice will be highly appreciated.Hope your son has overcome this problem.
    Thank you,
    Jayashree

6. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Nithin,

http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/3SHS_1.pdf

Hayagrivar is the lord of knowledge and wisdom.

I was asked to do this in my school days.

Keep hayagrivar picture on a stool with some prasadham(i kept milk with sugar)...
    come round the stool telling this slokam... one round for one time recitation of slokam...
    i used to do 12 times(12 rounds) per day...

Hope this helps...