1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any SAHM with nanny? Suggest...

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pinksugar, Jul 11, 2014.

1. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

Any stay at home mom kept a nanny for looking after baby? Please share your experience..is it a good idea.pros and cons?
    all day i am running behing my baby making sure she is safe,washing milk bottles,changing diapers,making baby food + our food,feeding her,entertaining her,maintaining house etc etc.overall i am getting exhausted and sleep deprived. getting help from dh every day is not possible.
    So i am considering part time nanny option but not sure. pls share your views.

1 person likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

hello,

i don't personally have the experience/ the luxury. However I've had cousins and friends with a baby in India who have a helper around the house to do odd jobs. It is a great idea. You can spend a lot more quality time with your little one. Most importantly, if it will make you a happier mum, it is a great advantage.

The only thing you need to be careful about is the sort of person you pick to spend so long with you and your child at home. I would also advice you to make a list of things that you might want her to do. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

thanyou guessho for your immediate response.
    ya since nannies are costly good thing to define tasks ahead. also worried that it may feel like invasion of privacy. and can i rely her that i go out to finish outside work leaving her alone with baby.
    many such things going in my mind. hoping for more response from ils..

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Pinksugar You can explore two options:

1. Nanny - for taking care of the baby
    2. Helper - for taking care of household works so that you can focus on your baby

If it were me I would choose option 2. Having a helper to cook, clean etc. will allow you to focus on your baby. You will do your best for the baby.

1 person likes this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, If I were in your place, I wud avoid somebody taking care of baby. You can never trust anybody in such cases . Instead I wud have a full time maid and cook to take care of house. In that way , you can take care of baby and still be well rested.Good Luck.

6. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

thanks ramya and chocolate for your reply

i am trying to get house work done by maids but still there is so much to do. i hv maid for cleaning and another for cutting veg and wiping kitchen. now thinking weather shd appoint a cook also.
    almost all my time goes with my baby i hv to keep an eye on her all the time she puts things in her mouth and does risky things i cannot leave her out of sight even for few secs .even taking my bath is difficult.so i thought atlest a nanny will keep an eye on baby and i can take bath eat peacefully do some work or take some rest. since i am alone all day with my baby things get difficult sometimes. but maybe its just a phase things will improve hopefully when baby understands what we tell..