1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any remedy/solution for frequently appearing kidney Stone problem ?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sudhabatni, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Please any one suggest or give advise that Is there any remedy to control kidney stones problem......My SIL is suffering from kidney stones. Always her kidney will be swollen and she is unable to do her work and can't even sit properly. She already diognised with allopathic treatement but in vain.After 6 months again it repeats with severe pain. Now she is going for homeopathy treatement but it is a long process to cure.

Any one pl advise any natural remedies for removing kidney stones and also tell the diet restrictions which shd not eat.

bye

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sudha,

Most kidney stones get flushed out. if she getting stones regularly, may be her diet has to be checked. and also for her organ functioning.

dierutics are prescribed to flush out stones...Natural diuretics also helpful in getting rid of kidney stones. Watermelon has the highest concentration of water. Watermelon is one of the safest natural diuretics.

This is a small trick that used to be followed in olden days...the seeds of the mehendi tree, (good tree with big green leaves..) were eaten just a few of them..it helps in reducing the swelling in the kidney..

Don't worry swelling of kidney is curable...while shrinking is not reversible in most cases...

Ask her to drink lots of water...the plaintain pith...(we call it vazhathandu) juice is the best cure for stones...

Will come back with more if i remember

afcpreethi likes this.
  3. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanti,

Thank you very much for your kind response and also very nice write up......If you get good tips pl share here .......

bye

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Shanthi,

Thanks for the information. Many must have benefited with your post.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sudha,

I shared what i know. Sometimes, during a discussion, my doctor talks about the natural treatments through food, which we usually are not aware..

and moreover my MIL had kidney problems..

will definitely pass on the tips.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

you are welcome. Just share what i get to know.

7. lakari

lakari New IL'ite

Hi everyone in this thread,

I sufferd from kidney stone severly, My doctor too suggested the same plaintain pith(vazhathandu) juice,It has to drink in the early morning once you got up from bed instead of taking water you should take the Vazhathandu juice and avoid Tomotoes and highly calcium contained foods like milk etc.

You can also have water content vegetables like bottle guard etc.

Thanks and Regards,
    Lakshmi

8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

my hubby is sufferring by kidney stone problem. i urgently need best urologist in chennai????

9. synnovea

synnovea New IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

I hope all is well. I came across this page when I was searching about diuretics. I am also a stone former. I discovered about this way back 2006 when I was admitted to the hospital.

All I can share to you is to drink lots of water at least 3L a day. Must be distilled water. Avoid meats. You are only allowed to eat a matchbox size of meat. No more soda or any colored drinks or liquor and wines. Avoid high oxalate food such as beans, chocolates,nuts and much more. Just search about the high oxalate food in the net. Exercise and hydrate yourself. Avoid salty food. You can have salt but very minimal amount. less than 1g and drink lots of water after eating salty food. when you feel like peeing, don't hold back for a minute, relieve it. Also, my doctor used to gave me acalka and watch my diet. When I am in pain, I drink pain reliever and lots of water.

This is how I maintain not to make my stones grow bigger. Hope I am not too late to share this.

:)

10. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Avoid cabbage/ cauliflower.

http://www.agrisources.com/herbs/gokhru.html- if you have access to this, then collect the caltrop and boil it until it thickens. Drink the extract. Will get you immediate relief.

PS: this is called nerunji in tamil.