Any other Option otherthan Fixed deposit

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by ambika04, May 28, 2010.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Thank you Shaishav.
    Will consider these funds as my next invesement option.
    Somebody told that - ING VYSYA realestate fund and Canara robacco infrastructure funds are good....can you tell me wheter to consider them also?

My requirement - I can withdraw at any time with good returns in shortterm .

2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shaishav,

Many thanks for your support & care.I have taken a very small step of doing some research about the options you have told as Im totally unware of mutual & stock options.I checked with DSPBR website in that i couldnt understand what is benchmark i.e crisil balanced fund index etc?.Which option to choose etc.Im stuck:hide:.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  3. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I would suggest you to stay away from any thematic fund as the risk is very high. You would be risking all your money in only one sector. Diversified equity funds will also have investments in real estate sector.

When you should withdraw is a million dollar question. I think one should redeem his/her investments in the following situation:

• If the goal is achieved
    • If the asset class has no more potential to grow
    • If you need money desperately

If you are with drawing for short term profit booking and again investing it then I would suggest you to just stay invested instead of booking profits.

Also, for your information the funds I have suggested have a 1% exit load if redeemed before 365 days for lumpsum investment and exit load for SIP investment will differ from scheme to scheme.

I would also like to tell you that I won the monthly reputation contest for my reply to your question on where you should invest 1 lakh per month. Thank you for asking the question :)

Regards,

Shaishav

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  4. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Ambika,

I appreciate your effort in finding more about the investment options I had suggested.

Benchmark for a particular mutual fund scheme will give you a standard by which you can make comparison. So, if the benchmark is crisil balanced fund index then the returns from DSPBR balanced will be compared to this index for a particular period.

If the index rose by 10% in last one year and your fund gave a return of 12% in the same period you know that your investment has outperformed the benchmark and vice versa.

I think you should go with HDFC Prudence or DSPBR Balanced (growth option)

If you have any more questions, feel free to write again. I am sure a lot of ILs reading your questions and my answer will benefit from our conversation.

Regards,

Shaishav

5. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Based on your encouragement I found some top 5 funds performance in last 12 months with my friends help for Both types(open & closed ended) category all (equity,debt,gilt....)period last 12 months

1.Franklin Pharma Fund - Growth
    2.Reliance Pharma Fund - Growth
    3.ICICI Prudential Technology Fund - Growth
    4.Franklin Infotech Fund - Growth
    5.UTI Growth Sector Fund - Pharma and Healthcare - Growth

BUT

if i choose Top 5 for closed end type & category as Equity for last 12 months then

1.DSP BlackRock Micro Cap Fund - Regular - Growth
    2.Religare Mid N Small Cap Fund - Growth
    3.HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund - Growth
    4.HSBC Small Cap Fund - Growth
    5.Principal PNB Long Term Equity Fund - 3 Year Plan - Series II - Growth

I would like to know which option to choose in DSP BlackRock balanced Growth which category equity/debt which one& open or closed which is good & DSP Blackrock micro cap fund is this another product of DSP?

Your replies are really an eyeopener for all of us & Im really amazed by your continous reply & guidance shown by you:cheers.I usually put RD & at times FD.Now my interest in knowing new things have grown & I have shifted my focus from saving to smart saving.

6. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Ambika,

I have posted my reply under thread "Post all your financial planning queries here".

Regards,

Shaishav

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010