1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any NICKNAMES for your in-laws?????

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sujanags, Jan 29, 2010.

1. pals4787

pals4787 New IL'ite

Hi mates,
    I have been reading through all the threads and have scene this one, which I found very interesting.
    It made me to register into this site just to name my IL's..
    Well I don't have any problem with MIL(I do hav, but can be ignored)
    FIL - 0.5, chakka (Coz he will always interfere in all the matters which my MIL supposed to handle like teaching me recipes, watching daily telugu serials and discussing with MIL :bonkand deciding when I have to visit my own Mom's place most of the times objects also etc etc..

SIL - Girls, pls do help me in naming her... it should be the best in this world, This place won't sufficient to describe her and how she tortured me.
    I need your help very badly:bowdown

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies...

Basically my post wont be so interesting here because my MIL is a wonderful lady and take good care of me and i dont have SIL(great na)...ehehe

my Elder FIL's(my FIL's bro) Daughters,my cousin SILs thank god they are not my direct SILs and thank god they themselves have no blood bro(a girl saved) :bonk are enough...we have named one among them as KATHADI(kite)....her appearance is like that..i mean she will fly if a heavy wind is blown(so thin) but then just like the strong thread that connects the kite,her tongue is so sharp,horrible lady...(dono if i am making sense :-D)...i take this oppurtunity and thank god for not making her my SIL..:rotfl

2 people like this.
  3. Inana

Inana Bronze IL'ite

literally LOL..!! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Inana

Inana Bronze IL'ite

I admit i have christened them with interesting names out of anger, despise and pity. My hubby knows of these names coz i use them when i am educating him of unknown facts of his own family. No point in being hypocritical yeah? At least with hubby dear. He deserves to know it all. I usually tell him, with a smile, all the very interesting comments his mom and dad make on me , my parents and sometimes their own relatives. When i do, i like to accentuate teh highlights..

Here are a few names for MIL..

- The 'colorful butterfly', 'The Rainbow'
    : These when i am telling him how she adds colors to all she says with a ding here and a dang there.. filled with pretense in front of the subject(victim? ) she is commenting on.

The latest comment i made was when my sister told me my In-laws had made a phone call to my parents last morning to say hi, hello. I asked my sis: ' So, did the phone look colorful when the phone rang? ' . Sis relplied: 'what? why?'. I said 'Arre, 'teh rainbow' called na?' .. And sure as hell, we laughed out for a whole 5 minutes. :rotfl

Another name i am thinking up now: 'Goldy' . God, u should see the amount of gold she buys. Some of u who have read my earlier posts might remember this. 'The queen of the sea of gold and silver'.

'Teh Drama Queen'- this because most of the times she is the one who starts off a drama for absolutely silly reasons. Almost always, she cries even before i can understand what she is accusing me of . I am like wait- you blame me of something not true and then you cry. So who is the victim here? Good suspense yeah? :thumbsup

'The graceful bomber' - this because she does it ever so gracefully every time she kicks up a drama.

Now I'd liek to honor my FIl wid some names too..

My FIL does interfere in all sorts of stuff, ranging from when and how many times i vist my parents when i'm in India, where we keep what in our room, my under garments that i would have washed and put to dry in the bathroom and so on .. 'The pesky nagging sneak'

FIL's latest comments made 2 weeks back:' I was not brought up well. I an indecent because i dont wear the mangalsutra and bangles.' He said more, but ill leave it out for now. I ll call him 'Hitler reborn- Version 2 '. . An even more arrogant, irrational reincarnation of Hitler.

I also want to call him 'Koopa mandooka' because he thinks all he knows is the world. Psst.. i dont think he has seen much. He believes he and his wife and his kids are the only smart ppl around. He barely interacts with people. Am I surprised ppl stay away from him..? U bet i'm not surprised!

5. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

That's hilarious!

Reminds me of Seinfeld when the gang gave nicknames to the odd people they met.

6. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

i have a nick name to my MIL... she is always a sweet lady..... FIL and MIl are really a good one for me and i am blessed....

i call my MIL by her name as "chandu" as her name is chandra... to others as Mom in Law...

I dont like my FIl much.. though he is very good in me.. soo i call my FIL as "self dappa" He speaks more about himself.....

i will refer to my DH like this only....

my DH has some nick name to my parents... Where he likes my mom a lot and calls by name.. "chithu" as her name is chitra.... and my dad as.... professor sir...... or scientist...

i was too afraid about my parents in law before marriage.. now i am absolute.. happy..

2 people like this.
  7. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

How abt "master mafia"?

8. Mithiamma

Mithiamma New IL'ite

My MIL is very bossy, dont cook and she corrects (or think so) whatever i do especially in kitchen. So i call her 'tsunami' b'coz once in kitchen she will turn upside down that are very good

FIL i call him 'second MIL' b'coz he interferes in whatever i do and acts more like MIL

Both these names are known to my DH and when i use he just smiles

1 person likes this.
  9. icanniwill

icanniwill New IL'ite

Only one name comes to mind - 'Manipulative B****'

10. simpleton

simpleton Silver IL'ite

Good one Lavii.I guess everybody could relate that pic to our MIL. I have kept my MIL nick name as 50-50 very very nasty nasty..:) The reason is in order to take a decision she takes 1000days to decide on top of it she goes back and forth ,back and forth. THis happened when she chose a girl for her son(that's me ) and when choosing a guy for her daughter and in every matters..:)

My FIL's nickname is cow/bull.. He nods his head like a cow when MIL is talking :shaking: