Any news about EID holidays for schools

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by shvap_786, Jul 2, 2009.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear all..

Came across gulfnews that all private and public schools will be closed till sep 23rd due to eid... Any further info about this... few schools informed they are under discussion...

Gulfnews: School year in UAE to start after Eid

2. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

I think there is still some amount of confusion, as the Khaleej Times says the extension is applicable only for schools following the UAE curriculum, but Gulf News has an exactly opposite version ! So, it is really not clear what is going to happen. Best is to wait for clarification from the school.

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Hi thank01

thanks for your input... ya even i read now , as you mentioned khaleej times has given entirely different statement... i guess we got to wait..

4. Ruhaanee

Ruhaanee Senior IL'ite

as of now it sounds like only for UAE GOVT schools or schools following UAE GOVT curriculum...

as usual holidays are a source of major confusion in UAE...:crazy

5. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi Vahee....

OOEHS website mentions no change in reopening date. So 30th August is still the date we should look at.

From the looks of the IHS's principal statement given in the Friday's issue of Gulf News, it looks like he is for the change to Sept 23... he mentioned something about compensating the days lost by having school on Saturdays!

Dr. Farooq Wasil, from GEMS had mentioned in KT that the according to the authorities "the decision" is not for "their" schools.

What I gathered from the information was that this decision is for school that commence their school year in September, like schools having o-levels - Dubai Scholars, Choueifat, etc. Schools like OOEHS, IHS, Modern High, etc must not be effected by the decision.

In any case, one must not postpose their dates of coming back to Dubai. Instead... if there is an extended holiday, better get away somewhere else!!!

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ruhanee

Thanks ani for the detailed information...