1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any Natural Remedy For Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Sweetygals, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

hi,
    My mother is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for past 8 months. she is taking allopathy medicine but not much use.

anyone tried any ayurved /homeo/siddha treatment and came out?

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Sorry to hear that. Hope she feels better.

Two of my friends have RA. They have tried everything including ayurveda. It didn't work for them even after years of treatment, but provided temporary relief.

One is now managing it with diet and low dose immuno suppressants.

The other one through yoga, diet( anti inflammatory diet) and occasional medicines.

There is no cure for RA, only management. What work for one person may not work for other. So you can consult a dietitian/ naturopathy or do yoga to manage it. But please explore different options or methods and find what works for your mom.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

hi, how r u? there r good remedies in ayurveda. if u wish, we can discuss.

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Sweetygals I have started Intermittent fasting the past few months. While reading articles about it , I have come across many references about it being beneficial for RA. do read up, if I come across them again, I will post it here. It may be of help.

Just sharing, There was some mild swelling in my ankles. that refused to go even though there was no pain at all - I could walk, cycle, climb. Just that when I over strained, my ankles tire easily and the swelling increased. REst would reduce the swelling but it remained. My personal experience, been doing IF for the past couple of months consistently from 16-8 to 19-5 since june. The swelling has gone, was quite surprised to notice it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Sweetygals
    There are at least three ads appear incessantly in this thread inserted thoughtfully by Google uncle.
    2. In reader’s digest while reading benefits of cabbage some forty years ago, I remember to have read wet cooled cabbage wrapped around the affected site for few hours daily greatly diminishes the pain and in isolated cases improved health of the bones.
    3. But world around huge claims about curing and managing under different medical disciplines. As fellow member pointed out here ibid, one must endeavour patiently to discover which suits him or her.
    4. All external application would result in temporary relief that may last as long as one rests. Food selection, habits and timings seemed to do a great deal with management of RA.
    5. Regular intake of glucosamine & drumstick juice or and pulp and it’s leaves in food are reported reduce RA pain.

Wish you quick recovery and permanent solution.
    Regards.

God Bless.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Also a popular doctor Hegde says simple remedy for arthritis in YouTube for which link is

jyothishri likes this.