1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any Mrr In Your Family

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,
    There has to be one Mrr in every family. In our family there is one who has been manipulating all activities for his son, now grandson, but his energy and scheming mind never fail to amaze me. Even at this old age he cannot see others happy.
    There is a proverb in tamil,
    :iagreeEnakku oru kann ponallum paravaillai,
    edhiralikku rendu kannum pogaunum

He is the epitome of this saying and of "Chanakya Thanthiram ".

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear padma,
    i am amazed because my story is ditto, my dad had 7 siblings, and no sisters i had been the first and the rest of the story is ditto i dont think i need explain i am also the first granddaughter and thought and dreamt like you, but they turned out to be all those names of ravana,shakuni, shani anything, lucky for me now all are dead, the day one of the uncle died who had been all along behind my back, like a leech...i had the most peaceful sleep in my life..sk

3. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends

My second son is in US, just completed his MIS n now in undergoing training in search of job.

My daughter-in-law is in Hyderabad, with me (V both visited US in May,07 n she came back in Sept., due to her job and i came back to India just in Oct. end.).

Their's is Love Marriage. She is Tamilian n v r Telugu people. Before marriage she was ok with all of us.

Now she wil not speak anything. Her parents r also stay in Hyderabad only n that too v close to our house. In a day she hardly speakes only two or three words. Earlier she was not like that. She came back to India saying that after my son got a job and her father's Shashtipurthi function, she wil join my son in US. I never say NO, if she wants to go to her parents. She is having all freedom. She wil just inform while going and wil leave.

Even though v both r in the house, I am feeling lonely. Since she is working she is busy whole day and after returning home also, she used to chat with friends/family members. I am a silent sculpture and just pulling on days. I came from a big family, v r total 10 members 6 daughters, 4 brothers. Now i am feeling lonely. I want to share my feelings with u.

M S Lakshmi

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear lakshmi,
    what do i say, i feel sorry for you, we live our youth for the sake of the children and sacrifice all for them but the extended family that is the spouse of our children may not understand this and will not know to what extent we may have extended help to their spouse that is our children, so i think u should try and take up groups ur age and start interacting through mails and chats, and when you find like minded people i am sure you will forget your dil neglecting you.

your interest will widen, and sometime you will get so engrossed that life may pass by u. i think that is a better option any day to the present one waiting for some one to talk to you, i am sure you have many interest like painting, stitching,plants, bhajans, all you need is to put your mind to it, start making friends, here itself many love to have good friends in IL and many are your age too, another thing when you get a rapport sometime age vanishes and u mingle so easily.

Hope you will consider my options pl do give me a Private Message and may be we can be good friends, and i may introduce you to some ladies in chennai too, nowadays you needn't go out to meet them, through chat u can make friends all over the world and make it colorful, make your world with your strength, not on others, let the colors in your mind paint your life, dont give the brush to others to color your life....all the best :whistlesunkan

sindmani likes this.
  5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear janani adaney MRR,
    hahha really yaar sometime our young life go for a toss, and i feel they have so much yet they envy us, it is not material too but something they cannot stand your personality, now tell me how can we change that...now though they are no more, i lost so much of love from my relatives who otherwise would had cherished my presence...sunkan