1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any members here who are nursing 20 months old

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Ramphor, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Ramphor

Ramphor New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am nursing my 20 month old DD .She nurses every 2hours or so .Not much interested in solids .Would like to hear your experriences .
    Thanks iN Advance

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ramphor, dear son weaned at 29 months and around 18 months is when he started eating good quantities of tablefoods. He had reflux and we were careful about introducing solids so the weaning period did take a long while for us. I also found that DS became really clingy around 14 to 18 months and at home he would rather nurse than eat.
    So, we went out a lot and packed his lunch/snack with us and tried to spend at least 4 to 6 hours outside and replace some of his nursing with tablefood. When we were busy out and about he would want to nurse only to sleep. Not sure you are looking for weaning strategies, but this was the easiest and a relatively tear-free way to include more solids into his diet, for me.

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi ramphor,
    ds who is 23 mths old is still nursing .but not at expense of solid food.for him its more of a comfort seeking act like when he falls down or wants to sleep or gets teased by elder brother.................
    try to reduce bf by introducing solids.sometimes i put food infront of my son & he insists on bf.then i feed himfeed for a min & so to distract him & put him again on high chair.many a times it works.

try tikkas suggestion also.sometimes kids get excited to be given food in different surroundings like i let then eat soup sticks in car calling it car picnic or on bed as night snacks of milk & biscuit.don't do same thing daily as kids do't like routine.............

with kids u have to act like kids & try to bring adventure to things .

4. Ramphor

Ramphor New IL'ite

Thanks for the answers . I would like to nurse her til she is 2 but at the smae would like to increse her solid food intake and also let her develop taste for cows milk .what cani add to her cows milk to make it more attractive to her . i have tries vanilla,chocolate sttrawberry but only few sips of milk and thena BIG NO .
    For solids she eats when she feels like i cant force feed her .sometimes i can divert her but most of the times she is adamant and the i have to offer her my milk ....will it get better ???:confused2: