Any limitations in carrying jewels while traveling to US from India

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Arunakakolla, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Arunakakolla

Arunakakolla New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Can any one tell what is the limitations to carry the gold jewels (ornaments) in cabin baggage ,am traveling from India to US through the kuwait airlines and my port of entry is at JFK .

I want to take my gold ornaments in my cabin baggage .
    One more thing After port of entry clearance at JFK ,after taking my baggage , where I need to check-in all my baggage as I need to take a flight to Nashville,TN.
    will be traveling with my 2 kids who are 4yrs & 3yrs
    Is it close by for domestic airlines (Delta airlines) from international air
    port

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I would call the airline and also look at the customs restrictioins on line....or some others can help you on that . But I want to tell you to be alert when going through security as there have been incidences of things that are stolen into or out of the security machines. If you have a lot of expensive jewelry, I would pack it in a way that it will be difficult for a hand to go in and take something. If they want to inspect then it shoudl be openable only then. Keep an alert eye which may be hard with two little ones with you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Arunakakolla

Arunakakolla New IL'ite

thanks tashidelek2002 for the information yo gave and have one question at the JFK airport international after i receive the luggage ,need to check-in for domestic airlines(Delta airlines) ,is it close by or can any one can help me in checking in the luggage.
    please reply
    aruna

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Aruna:
    International and domestic flights are in different terminals. You will have to pick up checked luggage and come through customs and when done there transfer to another terminal. There are luggage carts but this is going to be a bit of work to get to the next place (you have to pay for the carts so have a credit card or some money). If you have a lot of luggage and no help and babies then I would call the airline about getting someone to help you.