1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any kids's food receipe with spinach/green leaves?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sherin78, Mar 18, 2012.

1. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have a five year old daughter and her paed has adviced to provide her a wholesome diet rich in green vegetables. Now she likes beans the way I prepare. But again I don't want to prepare the same item daily. I tried preparing dhal with spinach as she isa fussy eater, it didn'tgo well with her. So would like to learn some recipe which goes well with kids eg. tikki's cutlets, sandwich, poriyal etc. Please pour in your ideas or recipes which you have tried for your kids.

2. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

You can make palak pooris.Children are very attracted to the colour of the pooris,
    Or can make palak paneer, paneer pulao, Palak chappathi

1 person likes this.
  3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

u can try spinach pasta with cheese and spinach cheese sandwich.. cut spinach very fine if kid is fussy about spinach..

Padma

1 person likes this.
  4. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shreepriya and Padma for your replies. I once tried with palak potato tikkis. But I didn't blanch the spinach. Cleaned it well, shred in to pieces and made tikkis as she likes cutlets. But this she didn't eat after one bite.

5. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

You can try palak paratha,cream of palak soup or can add palak puree to idli batter and prepare colourful idlis.You can also try other leafy vegetables like amaranth leaves called chaulai in hindi.

1 person likes this.
  6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I read about Spinach Dumplings in IL somewhere.

Cut the spinach finely. Make chappathi dough. Knead small chappathi thinly. Fill the spinach, close like dumpling, steam it. You can add peanuts to the spinach..

2 people like this.
  7. naliniraut

naliniraut Bronze IL'ite

I used to make sweet spinach raita for my son. It was hit with him and couple of his friends as well.
    Method: Wash and finely chop baby spinach leaves and add it to the yogurt. You can add pinch of salt and sugar and some cream.
    For a variation I used to add sultanas and chopped dates instead of sugar.

1 person likes this.
  8. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Hope u eat egg..

Add spinach to egg and try souffle, it ll be fluffy, she may surely like it.

Video: Spinach Omelet Souffle

make some modification if u like.

1 person likes this.
  9. skmeera

skmeera Silver IL'ite

try this,:thumbsup
    fry a tablespoon of maida in tsp of butter and then add a cup of milk(stirring without any lumps), u'll get a white sauce like consistency .to this add blanched spinach(cooked and drained of all water) add cheese. u can use this as a filling for sandwich.

1 person likes this.
  10. varmaswathy

varmaswathy Gold IL'ite

I used to prepare palak soup.

Boil water and put the palak leaves for 5 minutes.
    Then take it from water and cut in to pieces. Place a pan on the stove, add 2 tsp of butter and add palak, sliced onion(1 big) etc. saute for few minutes. Add i glass of milk and boil .Then take it from the pan and keep for cooling. After few minutes, grind it in a mixture . Then put this gravy in to the pan and boil till it gets thick. If needed you can add 1 spn of corn flour mixed in water .This makes soup thick. Add little salt and butter if needed. Also you can add fried bread crumbs and pepper powder as per your taste.

1 person likes this.