any indian from jizan

Discussion in 'Indians in Saudi Arabia' started by krishnanbatri, Feb 4, 2011.

1. krishnanbatri

krishnanbatri New IL'ite

hi, i am batri. I got an offer in jizan university. i want to know about the living condition and cost of living. Is it possible to take my wife while i am leaving to Saudi.

2. lucky4ransher

lucky4ransher New IL'ite

Hello Mr. Batri, nice to read your post and information. I am Mrs Ransher and have also got selected as assistant professor in Jizan/jazan University. If you get some information, please do share.

3. planetrathnam

planetrathnam New IL'ite

hi both....
    my name is arun and i am currently working in Jizan university....as i earlier replied....
    the people are nice...its a small coastal city, nice life.
    regarding family....i suggest u get ur wife here when u come as i feel life is better here for people with their families....
    alone u will be very lonely and left out....
    and some places at certain times have only families allowed so if u can get ur wife along...
    any more doubts or questions feel free to ask....
    best of luck and see u soon...
    the average cost of living here is approx 3000 sar and rent will be 1500-2000 sar for a 2 bedroom apartment...u can definately save a lot of money....

4. krishnanbatri

krishnanbatri New IL'ite

Thanks arun. it is a timely reply. i want some more clarification.
    1) I hear that it is difficult to find a house and the rent is also high.
    2) Is it difficult for a vegetarian to survive there.
    3) My wife is interested in watching TV as she is along. What about the DTH facility and the Indian channels.
    it will be more useful if you send the mail id. i am waiting for your reply
    thanks

5. sandy8080

sandy8080 New IL'ite

Hi Arun,
    My wife has also selected for the Jazan University and might be moving in the month of April along with me. Could u put some more light how we are going to get accommodation, Is University is going to help us in this regard or we have to do ourselves and could we able to find the small home in 1000 SR a month.

Thanks
    Sandeep Dadwal

6. sandy8080

sandy8080 New IL'ite

Hi Arun,

Could I have your E-mailId or KSA Mobile no. as we will be there shortly and need some inputs from your side.

Regards

7. sightofeyes

sightofeyes New IL'ite

hi thr !!

i have also been selected for a job in jiaz university for a post of lecturer , i wanted to know hows life in jizan for a single girl , i have heard that have to do hijab and u cannot travel or go any where alone.what is the cost of living ? is it possible to save money and im really scared to know that u can even go to buy grocries alone ..is that true ? plz help i need urgent information

awaiting your reply

8. thilagakiruba

thilagakiruba New IL'ite

Hai Arun,
    i am VELAN from Salem. our family will be moving shortly to Jizan. My wife is selected for the post of lecturer in Jizan university.I would like to know -procedure for getting rental house/school ,is there anybody we can contact before arrival.Please provide those details.

9. makarand

makarand New IL'ite

i am dr.makarand will be joining jazan university soon .
    pls let me know abt the life and housing facilities in the city near to university.
    i will be coming alone .
    will be joining jazan university as a senior associate professor in management.
    wht will be saving and other facilities .
    may i have ur mobile no and ur id pls.

10. NewGuy

NewGuy New IL'ite

Hello every1... This is Sahil here & got a Job offer from a Co. in Jizan-KSA . Good to see some info. on Jizan - KSA by certain members... If you all can provide some feedback on below;

1) Cost of living (per month) for a Single person.
    2) Housing Rental for a Separate Master Bed for Single person. (Company officials told me it would cost SRA 800 p.m. ! Is that true ?
    3) How is the social work environment & local people acceptance of Indian ex-pats. Is language a Barrier or we can manage living on English as first lang.

Thank you in anticipation for your feedback.. Good Day.. Sahil.