1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Any idea?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bay Area' started by Shara.rose, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Shara.rose

Shara.rose New IL'ite

Hi,
    Don't know if its the right place to ask..still thought of trying.
    I recently came to ca and live in sunnyvale now. Iam a fan of that Udupi hotel's biriyani.
    My god, that aroma is extraodinarily awesome. Iam trying different possibilities but nothing matches that.
    Is there someone who can help me cook that dish. and tell me what exactly they add to get that aroma.
    thanks in advance.
    Shara..

2. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey shara,
    is the biryani so good?i have been to udupi several times but havnet tried their biryani...will defenitely do so next time!!!i do have a recipe of hydrabadi biryani which is a very old one that i got frm a frnd in india(thats my hubbys fav dish!!)...let me know if you want it and i will PM it to you....you can try it&see if it matches with the udupi one!!!

3. Shara.rose

Shara.rose New IL'ite

Hi
    Ya, the taste of biryani is extremely good esp. the aroma. Sure,You can give it a try. If you can find out what they add to get that special taste and aroma please do let me know along with the receipe for hyd. biriyani.
    Thanks in advance.
    Shara..

4. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

hi rose,
    i never tried udupi biriyani ever. so i dont know. but u can go to udupi itself to get it. so far u r there in sunnyvale i m suggesting this idea. b'se i m in Fremont. here we hv one udupi hotel. so that u can come over to hv that. sunnyvale is not too far. we came down to sunny vale for saravanabhavan, komalavilas, chat paradise and more. like that u also can come down to fremont once atleast to udupi.