Any idea abt SAP? Advice to start a career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by pinky2, Nov 30, 2007.

1. chandragopal

chandragopal New IL'ite

Hi Aarushi

Can you tell where you did DBA course and in which technology (Oracel? or Sybase). I am also planning to do such course. Pl advise.

Thanks & Regards
    Chandra

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chandra,

I worked on Oracle in my Masters program and then in my work (which is application development), I slowly started working on Oracle and gained experience. When my company switched over to SQL server, I went and got some training done in SQL server and got the MCDBA certification.

I did my training here in the US in an institute called CED solutions.

Take care,
    Aarushi

3. friendz

friendz New IL'ite

Hi Chandra,

are you working on SQL Server now.? if so let me know.

4. pranitha

pranitha New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am actually trying to start my career again after a long gap,i have no previous work experience but is there a way that i can get into Testing and start carrer ,with 15yrs gap,sounds crazy:crazy isin't !!!!!! But yes I want to start ,basically iam post graduate in commerce ,if not IT ,what are the other options to work and to earn money?:help
    I request all the ladies to give their inputs taking India into consideration.Infact i have done my SAP/FICO course in India ,but didnt face any interview and at the same time I lost touch also ,but guide me as to which one to choose as iam not very smart n lost confidence since there is lot of gap.
    Hoping for the best answers/advice.

Thanks all
    prani

5. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

hi
    iam trying to get into IT after almost 7 years, i wanted to get into oracle development so thought of doing some courses in oracle, can someone please help me like how to proceed with this, like how long will it take to get trained in oracle, will i be confident enough to attend interviews, how will the interviews be like more technical for a starter?

6. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi Pinky,

Any updation on your SAP career? Did you take any course?

7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sun,

I have a plan to do some SAP course here in US.But due to family situation, I went to India afor few months nd since there's no SAP Centers in my place , I didn't go for it.

I joined in .net course and went for some days.....then since i was pregnant I need to be in rest, so couldn't complete that course too........Witsend

Wat abt you?

Pinky...

8. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi Pinky,

I am looking for some online course in SAP, so that i can just sit at home and learn. I am trying some demo classes, will let you know if something turns up good.

Regards
    Sun