1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any Home / Natural remedy for diabetes ?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by helloyoga, Jun 15, 2007.

1. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Has anybody an idea about stivea leaves?It is a herb I found at big bazaar.they are leaves .About 7-8 leaves have to be boiled for 5 min. in 1/2 cup water,strained and used.the water becomes sweet.Also the package says it activates beta cells of pancreas to secrete more insulin,increases glucose tolarance in ddiabetic patients and much more.I alo searched in google the result are similar.I tested my sugar level and first it was pp150 and second time fasting100.So at present I am on the borderline but must be careful for future.
    I would like to know if anyone has tried STIVEA.and what was the experience?

2. boppy

boppy Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I think it is husk.In tamil we call it as thavidu or punnaku.It is mixed in water and given for cows.
    boppy

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Those seriously interested in cause and cure of diabetes should watch the following:

Interview: Type 1 Diabetes Cure Trial on Vimeo

Making History With Type 1 Diabetes Cure

It is possible that we will have a CURE for diabetes shortly which worldwide has huge implications. Until then please follow doctor's directions and take medicine. The side effects of diabetes are very serious: blindness, amputation, inability to carry babies to name a few. Also I heard an Indian cardiologist who said the the rampant cardio problems in the Indian population was not based on heart but untreated diabetes. Diabetes is genetically linked.

4. RamyaKrishn

RamyaKrishn Silver IL'ite

Hey Helloyoga,

Diabetes is very common these days even in young children... I had to cook more cautiously when my inlaws were with me cos both of them had diabetes!!!

Now to the food that one should consume or look for!!!

Read the food label

a. check for serving size - if the label serving size is one and you eat two then you end up with more calories...

b. Count for carbs - carbs have stronger impact on post meal blood sugar level, also note 1 carb serving = 15 gms of carbohydrates.

c. Look for fiber rich food - high fiber food will balance sugar levels, lowering th breaking of carbs into sugar.

d. Limit Fat - like Saturated fat, choloestrol, transfat and Sodium. Although fat will help slowing the breakdown of carbs it might lead to heart probs.

If you want more on food list (what are the food and size/quantity) do lemme know shall post for you!!!

5. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ms Ramyakrishnan,
    Please guide me about the food list and the portions.I am confused.:drowning

6. sneha44

sneha44 New IL'ite

A few tips from my grandfather

soak 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds in water for night and eat in the morning
    Take bitter guard juice twice a day
    avoid starchy foods
    eat small amounts of intakes(food) 4 times a day
    some herbal medicines are - guggul,kutki
    even powder of jamun seeds are good
    but this goes for a long period ......

Home remedies are not enough better consult a doctor

Exercise is a must

At least walking 45 min in the morning & evening.
    Take care

7. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

How to control blood sugar ......even in diet ,med,and excercise the blood sugar lvel is above 200........can anyone help us?

8. SLAK

SLAK New IL'ite

1. Proper Healthy Food with lot of fibre (No Sugar)
    2. Compulsury exercise. ( BMI should be in range)