1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any Home / Natural remedy for diabetes ?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by helloyoga, Jun 15, 2007.

1. div123

div123 New IL'ite

hi all,
    It is sad to know that more people are getting diagnosed by diabetes at a very young age. myself prediabetic and my husband diabetic . As far as i know , it is in our genes , we cant help it. We can only postpone the onset of diabetes.
    I wud say EXCERCISE and Following LOW CARB DIET will definitely help in staying away from diabetes for years.

And pls dont wait for signs like non healing wound or frequent urination , instead go and hav it checked with the doctor every year , bcos diabetes shows no signs at all initially.

I hav decided to fight diabetes and make my family live longer and healthier and happy.
    Good luck to all

2. rkalpana

rkalpana New IL'ite

Hai,

Recently i read this in a magazine...vinegar controls the sugar level...u cannot have vinegar directly so mix vinegar in salads and have it regularly....walking and yoga exercises also controls diabetes....

bye

rkalpana

3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Diet is most important in Diabetes. If you can control your diet then half the battle won. Many in the border line won't even need the medicine if they can control diet.

Prohibited Foods
    Glucose, sugar , honey and all sweets, jaggery, ice-cream, pastries, cake, jam, jelly, squash, canned fruit juice, sugarcane juice, chocolates, bourn vita, all aerated waters except soda.

Foods to avoid
    Potatoes, Yam (zimikand), Arbi, Mangoes, Grapes, Cheeku and Bananas, Dried food stuffs, Dried fruits and Nuts e.g. peanuts, almonds, cashew nuts, raising and coconut etc., all alcoholic drinks.

Foods to be used freely
    Green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, lime, clear soups, black coffee without milk and sugar, butter milk (lassie), sour chatnis and pickles without oil, pepper and zeera water, jamun fruit and karela juice

I am planning to post about Diabetes to " My Blogs" in the near future. If you can go through my blog you can get more ideas about the diets you can use. Watch out for my post,

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

what is Hay bhoosa??

Please if anyone knows let me know.thanks

5. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

It is the same the cows eat.Its a tested remedy.try it .i've posted before,u can see it in this thread.

all the best.

6. div123

div123 New IL'ite

hi Eljaype,
    I saw .peanuts in ur 'Foods to avoid section'. Peanuts are no harm for diabetes, infact a recent research has found that in some cases peanuts help in delaying the onset of diabetes. But processed peanuts (like peanut butter) hav to be avoided.

And coming to raisins - it can be limited to 12 per day. Cashews - they contain good fat , so they need not be avoided.

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

1. Low Carb Diet - limit carbs at breakfast and snacks to no more than 20gms. Lunch and dinner to 30-45gms. As an example, 1 chapati has about 15 carbs and 1/2 cup of rice has 22.

2. Eat small frequent meals and always have a snack after dinner. I have a glass of warm milk right before going to bed.

3. Cinnamon powder - 2 tsp daily.

4. Soak fenugreek overnight and drink the water in the morning

5. Walk for 10-15 minutes after breakfast, lunch and dinner

6. Eat atleast 75gms protein every day. Each meal should ideally atleast 40% protein.

7. Practice deep breathing excercise. Stress can raise your blood sugar levels.

8. No milk or milk products for breakfast.

9. No fruits after dinner. I eat a banana every day as an afternoon snack.

These steps worked for me. I have a blood glucose monitor and the above steps brought my sugars from borderline high to normal within 1 month.

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

pmahensa
    what is borderline high to normal reading?
    Thanks

9. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Normal Fasting Blood Sugar is <=100
    Normal Blood Sugar 1 hour post meal is 110 - 155 for regular folks, 110-135 for pregnant woman

Bordeline High 100-110 Fasting and 155-175 for post meal

10. beautiful_asin

beautiful_asin New IL'ite

Wow Does this really work? I mean is ur Diabetes is totally cured?? please let me know with all the details. I will much Appreciate it..
    I am eagerly waiting for you Reply..