Any good shops for cloths near chennai airport?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by krishnendu, Nov 19, 2008.

1. krishnendu

krishnendu Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I am new to this site so was a bit hesitated to ask you,was feeling why to trouble you all.Now i can't take this tension anymore .I am going to chennai next week,i will be there for one week with my in laws and will join my husband in US on 28th.so don't have much days for shopping.I don't know anything about chennai shopping.Each and every day would be important for me .On top of that one day i have to go to hospital too:spin.so i am planning to start shopping right from airport :rotfl.could anyone please tell me about the shops near chennai airport and near by region?my in laws are staying in vilivakam.so i will be going to villivakam from airport and same time planning to do shopping too.i want to know about good shops for ready made churidhars,kurta,undergarment shopping etc.i will be damn tired and all jet lag but what to do .i am so tensed since i am just heard of T-nagar,anna nagar and this time husband not there to help me.
    :hiya

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008

2. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

There are very few shops near the airport, meenambakkam has some shops but then i am not sure about the quality and variety.

For your situation I believe Anna Nagar or T Nagar will be ideal. Best is that you keep one day specifically for shopping of clothes and other stuff and come to T.Nagar at around 9:30-10:00am when the shops open. That time the crowd is not much and you can shop quickly. Make a list of things that you need to buy and decide on the shop so that you can plan the entire shoppiing in a day. I think it's not difficult if you plan it properly. So happy shopping :thumbsup

3. krishnendu

krishnendu Bronze IL'ite

hi visar,

Thanks for your reply...as you said i am making a list of things and try to plan my time properly .

4. krishnendu

krishnendu Bronze IL'ite

hi visar,

Thanks for your reply...as you said i am making a list of things and will try to plan my time properly .

5. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Were you able to do your shopping? On the 28th it was raining a lot and all the roads were water logged. Even my trip to Chennai was messed up because of the water logging on the 27,28th and partly 29th respectively.

6. krishnendu

krishnendu Bronze IL'ite

hi vsar,

You are right it was raining badly Drowning, couldn't even go to near by beauty parlour...haha then u can imagine about how i would have gone to T-nagar...since there was no way out other than to do shopping on 27th,i went there by auto..all taxi guys were not ready to come and didnt want to spoil my car too..i could just go to pothy's and kumaran..wanted to go to naidu hall but it was just impossible...as u said rain really ruined my all shopping plans and my luggage bags were so light:rotfl,i experienced rainy days in chennai ....thats all......thanks for your concern.

have a nice day:cheers

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  7. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Well things happen otherwise. I am sure your next trip will be more fruitful and you will be able to finish all your shopping in style :thumbsup