1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

ANy experience with SUJATA brand atta, I got the flour worms yesterday in a ner pack.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shortduck, Jan 11, 2010.

1. shortduck

shortduck New IL'ite

Hi All

I brought 3 packs of SUJATA brand atta and opened my last remaining bag.

to my surprise, I saw 2 moving Flour bugs inside the bag. I do not wht is the english name but in Hindi its know as 'Illi".

Does anyone has the same experience with SUJATA brand atta or its just a random case.

sorry for type, the subject says "ner " please read it New
    Regards

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010

2. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Re: ANy experience with SUJATA brand atta, I got the flour worms yesterday in a ner p

Hi Shortduck,

Take it back to the store where you purchased it. Before going, just get hold of their number and call them and let them know about the bad experience. Hope you would be carrying the receipt. Don't hesitate.

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Re: ANy experience with SUJATA brand atta, I got the flour worms yesterday in a ner p

Did you check the expiry date on the bag? Many Indian stores sell items that are already expired, or expiry due soon.. I've have seen a lot of them in the Indian stores here in Edison. Another trick they do is to hide the expiry dates with some price stickers. So now a days I've made it a point to check the expiry dates thoroughly before buying stuff from indian stores.

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Short duck,

Even i have used Sujatha atta, initially it was good, when it was about to finish there were small insects for it, very little was left so i threw it.

I guess you can carry it to the store along with the bill and show them

Regards,
    Pandu

5. shortduck

shortduck New IL'ite

Hi All

Thanks for your advice. Yes I admit i did not checked for the expiry date, it always bought is good faith. From now on I will check the expiry date, and will report to some authorities if they continue to store expired goods.

The problem with returning is that I asked some1 to bring it for me from some far away place, since it was expensive @ my place.

Let see how should I go abt it.

Anyways, any idea about the website of Sujata's people ? I search google but cant find it ,