Any Call Centre Employees Here!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sweetgirl4flirt, Jun 9, 2009.

1. sweetgirl4flirt

sweetgirl4flirt New IL'ite

Hi guys,

This is Meghna and I am from Faridabad. I work at an international bpo (won't name it here because I don't like this job at all) I am just sick of 10 pm to 4 am job. I feel like such a fattu :crazy walking in to my home when even my chowkidaar (street watchman) hasn't left. But what to do? the money is good and I have made many friends there...

Just wanted to know if there are anymore "ullus" like me here. Lets talk yaar!!

2. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hi Meghna,
    Yes I do understand that working in the US Night shifts totally deprives us of the social life and I have worked in that shift for almost 6 years before finally I moved over to UK shift(12:30pm-10:30pm) where I can get to sleep in the night.

But then the flip side is that you have a good job which is better paying and also get to make some good friends in the company. :thumbsup

Dont worry there are quite a lot of ullus like us who keep awake throught the night to make some dough.:cheers

3. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

Hi Meghna,

Where do you work?? I can imagine what it must be like working on these ours. But hey girl... Thand rakh yaarr!!! :) Life is like this only. You know, I am an interior designer and in my starting days, I used to work as an assistance to a big designer.

for 2 years, she made me work 16 hours a day, and took credit for all my designs... CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? But u know what? I made through it and now I have my own firm..

you will get through this too. something bigger and better will come up.

4. Sonya4mdelhi

Sonya4mdelhi Senior IL'ite

I am looking for a job in some call center. Can you help. I am first year BSc. student and wanted make some extra pocket money. I have heard that these centers pay good money and work is easy.

Pleases yaar. Tell me how do I find a good job in a call center in Gurgaon or Delhi?

5. sangeetamahajan

sangeetamahajan New IL'ite

That's so bad!! Even people in my husbands office are also doing the same. I really hate such type of people. They can't let anybody have the credit he deserves.

Anyways, as far as the call center jobs are concerned, then I think they are quite good for our economy as they bring lots of dollars. But working in such environments takes a lot of courage and dedication. Staying awake whole night and talking to the rude Goras is not my cup of tea. I don't know how people manage it.

don't get me wrong. I really appreciate their efforts. These are the people who have put India on the map. :thumbsup Sweetgirl, don't feel bad about your job. Because let me tell you, other jobs are no better either.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  6. CynthiaG

CynthiaG New IL'ite

I know what you are talking about. I have also worked in a call center few years ago. It really takes up all of your life. You can't go anywhere, meet anyone or enjoy your life. You are working when the whole world is partying and when you have time, the whole world is working.

It gets really frustrating sometimes. And in my case, even the money wasn't that good:biglaugh But I had to take the job as I needed money.

Anyways, I would like to tell you that no job in the world is too small. If its giving you the power of being independent (something which is very rare in Indian women) then it can't be bad.