Any animal lovers or vegans in the forum?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by sumiram, Dec 10, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I too love animals.I also get hurt when I see someone harming them.I felt very sorry when I saw sheep being tied to trees here waiting to be slaughtered.My entire family loves animals.We feed dogs which we see on the road regularly and my daughter feeds nearly 25pigeons,couple of crows ,mynahs and squirrels everyday.Even I forget to buy bajra for them,she would take whatever is there from the house to feed them.One incident which really hurt me yesterday was when we were travelling to a mall .There was a van going in front of us smeared with blood stained hands,maybe after slaughtering animals for Id.I could not sleep properly yesterday.

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi! dear animal lovers,

Our family is crazy about dogs ,whatever breed they may be.
    I've always wondered why the devoted and loyal companion of man,infact the first animal that got domesticated ages ago has to get such a raw deal.

Those of us who have them as pets ofcourse lavish a great deal of affection on them and ofcourse some of us go overboard doing it too !! There was the story sometime back about a multi millionaire leaving all the wealth to be inherited by the pet dog with a board of trustees to implement the process ...some where in the US
    I think.

What I'm at a loss to understand is why are there such rude refrences to this lovable animal.For example , expressions like "dirty dog",or "she is a real bitch"
    "ungrateful dog" etc.,

There are stories legion about dogs giving up lives to save their masters and yet this trend to decry the devoted dog is also common.

Does any one have an explanation for this tendency among some of us?

I feel really upset when I hear these expressions and I always wonder WHY ?

Any answers ....dog lovers ?
    PAULINA:idontgetit:shakehead

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Yes Varloo... having a dog means a life time of commitment!! I have hardly had a holiday these last 19 years.. my 'holidays' have been hurried 'one day' breaks.. People have asked me .. whether I dont miss the holidays .. to be very honest .. i do miss taking a nice break.. there are days when I feel the biggest gift somebody would give me would be to come and tell me.. you sleep on.. I will take him for a walk :)

But I would be happy staying back at home with my pets than going on a break and wondering how they are doing !! I am still looking out for a nice kennel in chennai where I can leave Joshua comfortably when I decide to take the break. ( Like my vet jokingly remarks .. if you are looking for 'that kind' of kennel.. you should start one )!!
    (anybody coming across good kennel please PM me)

But all this is compensated ... when I flop into the sofa after a hard days work... just rubbing his silky ears recharges me :)

Yes .. give me a pet any day !!! :)

cheers

Bhooma

4. sumiram

sumiram New IL'ite

This is one of the presentations that really touched my heart. I'm sure it would appeal to all animal lovers. Please take ten minutes to check out "their" side of the story. I'm sure you would feel your time well spent:

Sharan Project - Them and Us

Happy new year. Let us make a resolution this year to contribute our little bit to turn this world a better place for all the living beings.

Love,
    Sumi

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Hope you all got to see the proposal to start a sub-forum for "Pet and Animal Lovers" and the call for founding members. Sriniketan, Nandshyam and Paulina have gracefully agree to become founding members. We need two more founding members.

If you can satisfy the requirements of being a founding member, please update in that thread. We will create that sub-forum as soon as we get 5 founding members. Thank you IL'ites.

6. bornfree78

bornfree78 New IL'ite

Hi,

Count me in. I L O V E animals. All creatures, big and small, bright and beautiful, wise and wonderful: the good Lord made them all! And I love 'em all :) I am a vegetarian by choice, I really love my dairy (complete with fats!) so hard for me to be a vegan. I am glad to meet fellow animal-lovers, hope to share our stories here.

Bornfree78
    P.S: No doubt you can tell that I am a James Herriot fan from the posting above.

7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Sumi & others,

I know this is an old thread! But I'm very happy to see the word, "Vegan" here. I'm an Animal Lover & a Vegan too!!! :)

8. sumiram

sumiram New IL'ite

Hey Custard,

Wow, happy to meet you here. Are you a part of 'Vegan in Chennai' group in Facebook? Its a group for vegans and aspiring vegans in Chennai. They have even planned a get-together on this June 12th.

Sumi

9. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hi Sumi,

Yes I'm very much part of it and other Vegan Groups at FaceBook!

10. lathaaakkumar

lathaaakkumar Bronze IL'ite

I too want to do something for animals.I wish a group of animal lovers can get together and bring out ideas whereby poor stray animals can be helped.Looking forward for replies..Latha Kumar