1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

any advantages of short hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rya, Mar 17, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hello friends,
    i have a long hair but since i have a busy schedule i don't find time to maintain my hair. Iam facing some problems due to long hair like i have lots and lots of work schedule,so i hardly find time. Does anybody feels convenient due to short hair.Because,iam scared of cutting my hair as i think, it may look odd for me and i will maintain my hair like a baby. I have not cut my hair from my childhood except at tips. my husband is telling me to cut hair just for a change in life and see if it is convenient. If anybody(working women) knows advantages of cutting hair please give me suggestions. Iam not fond of cutting hair and i love to have a long hair but now,i don't have any alternative but to cut hair.
    thanks

2. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hi rya...
    yes u can find some gud values in having short hair...
    my sister had very long hair till her knee lines n also thick till its tip.
    but last yr she made it short jus for maintenance.
    she made it short till her hip lines... tht allowed her to fold a pony-tail r can plat it ...... she even tried various hair styles.... but u knw by d end of the yr... she got back her original length... nw again she planned to give a cut...still more shorter than a previous one...

so dnt wry...
    u can always go for a cut...it saves lots of time, (in washing, combing, etc)u can even leave it free fall..... also u can style according to ur dressing...

else u can regain in very short period..
    so go on.. cheers!!!:)
    ashu

3. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rya,
    I also had long hair but it was very difficult for me to maintain esp when I was doing my masters. So I finally cut my hair to shoulder length and since then I feel it was easy for me to maintain.
    It looks good when I leave my hair which is around 90% of time or else sometimes i just put a hairband for a different look. Even pony looks good on me now. And my hair also looks more volumized since due to my long hair i used to plait it and it used give a thinner appearance to my hair.
    So now at least I feel my hair maintenance time has reduced.
    -priya

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hi Rya,

Even I had a very long hair until my hip and it was very difficult for me to maintain along with kids and house works. My hair always looks shabby after when I remove my Cap during winter. Also, I was having the same plain look for 5 years and felt like giving a new look. So, I had a very short hair cut until my shoulder and now it was very easy for me to maintain while doing my works. More over, I look very young and fresh always when I leave my hair loose. Try it Rya and You will see wonders and changes in looks and life :idea

Regards
    Suni:p

5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi ashukrishna,hydgrr and suni,
    Thank you very much for all your replies...i cut my hair short..now,it looks so pretty..but even then,i miss my hair..for convenience sake,it is really advantageous..thanks for your replies..
    thanks