1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

ANTI AGING FOODS......the nature provides.

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hi rai

In my thread ANTI AGING FOODS read the typing mistake 4 & 5 as 6. Omega - 6 fatty acid rich foods are avocado, eggs, cereals, nuts, poultry, whole-grain breads, soyabean oil, corn oil, pumpkin seeds, acai berry etc. A healthy diet should contain a balance of omega - 3 acids and omega - 6 fatty acids. They help produce cell membranes with a high degree of fluidity, without which cells lose their ability to hold water and vital nutrients.

Omega - 9 fatty acids, unlike omega - 3 and omega -6 fatty acids are not classed as essential fatty acids because they can be created by human body from unsaturated fat.

2. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mango,

Wow, what a useful information you are posting. I have gone through some other threads of yours. Really each one is very useful.

Thanks a lot dear.

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Thats a lovely post.
    I was surprised to know that brown rice when soaked becomes alkaline. Its a new info to me. My body is acidic; so I am looking to add more alkaline foods to balance it. This is a good one.
    Thanks a lot
    -Nitha

5. 4mangopeople

Hi Nitha

Rice, brown rice, grains and sprouted seeds become more alkaline in the process of sprouting. When soaked the acidic nature changes into alkaline food source.

A healthy diet is alkaline in effect (fruits, rice, millet, lima beans, soy, lentils, millet, cucumber, onion, carrot, cauliflower, barley, sprouts, tomato, lime, watermelon, cumin seeds, almonds etc.), while an unhealthy diet is acidic in effect (sugar, white breads, nuts, meats, eggs etc.)

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ohh eggs and nuts too. Let me delete it from my list.
    Thanks a lot
    -Nitha

7. 4mangopeople

Hi Nitha

Totally deleting eggs and nuts from your diet would not be advisable. If you have the habit of taking them in large quantity, simply take them moderately..

One egg contains 6 grams of high quality protein and 9 essential amino acids. Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D gives rise to strong and healthy bones. Zinc in the eggs aids in normal function of the immune system. The antioxidant called selenium in the eggs curbs damage caused by unstrained oxidation in the body, prevents blood clots, heart attacks and strokes etc.

Nuts are one of the best plant sources of protein.. Nuts are rich in vitamin E, selenium, fiber, antioxidants, plant sterols and omega - 3 fats which lover LDL cholesterol.

8. krithigat

krithigat Senior IL'ite

Thank you Mango
    Very helpful and needed information.
    :)

9. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

hello mango,

thank you very much for the information. your post is a 'must read' for all.
    rai

10. malasripad

malasripad Senior IL'ite

oh really good posting Mango. thanx for the info dear. keep posting.