Anterior Plesenta

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi momies..I have a question regarding anterior plesenta... during my NT scan ddoc mentioned in the report that I have anterior plesenta...at that time doc didn't say anything regarding that and I even not cared much about it... yesterday I read some article regarding this and due to anterior plesenta mother may not feel much of baby movements and Al's some times it is difficult to find the heat beat of the baby during ultrasound...us it true??
    Is there any complications becoz of anterior plesenta??
    Is it distrub the baby growth??
    And due to anterior plesenta normal delivery is possible??
    Is any complications and need to take care of the baby??
    Am very tensed from yesterday..
    If any one faced the same situation,and how did you over come this,did you faced any complications during delivery..plz share.
    Of course I wil discuss about this with my doctor..but my anatomy scan due is next mon 10th...
    Plz share your experience...thank u

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    Anterior placenta is normal and even good position for the baby, you don't have to worry until the time the Doctor mentions any concerns. Be happy.

I don't think it is a complication. My baby was in the same position, never had a problem in identifying the hearbeat. Regarding movements, the level of activity varies from mother to mother and baby to baby. Once you start notice and identify the baby's movements, you will enjoy it.

And as per limited knowledge, this Anterior placenta positioning is favourable for normal delivery.

I had the same the anterior placenta, had normal delivery. Cheer up girl and enjoy. Please remember if there is something to be concerned about, the doctors will surely discuss with you.

Janakinarne likes this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Oho that's grt relief to me to know that my baby is going to be fine and chances of normal delivery..am in 18th week of pregnancy still not felt baby kicks wishing soon I will experience... actually am waiting for this moment from past 9yrs so very exited to see and bit tensed for small things als... thanks for timely reply...

Ramyarc likes this.