1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by priyanka123456, Apr 27, 2016.

1. priyanka123456

priyanka123456 Senior IL'ite

Hi all...please if any doctors or anyone whi knows naatuvaidhyam....please help me out..Iam 28 years female suffering with acl tear from 2 years....i tried siddha vaidhyam and few physio which made my knee stable but now i met with accident and having tibia lateral condyle fracture and mcl tear along with the previous acl partial tear.can anyone suggest me through this....i have undergone sugery for fracture with plate and screws

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

You need to follow up with your orthopedic surgeon or a sports medicine physician. Don't neglect it or it could give you problems as you grow older.

3. priyanka123456

Hi...amica...ya...am doing as per their suggestions....but is der positive hopes of my healing

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ACL tears don't heal. If you have a very low impact, mostly sedentary lifestyle, you could theoretically live with a partial ACL tear. But in most cases they only get worse and end up becoming a complete tear, requiring surgery. The ACL is a ligament, not a muscle. It doesn't regenerate. It can't be repaired with exercise or medications.

Since you just had surgery for fracture, you should wait until you are healed. Find a good orthopedic surgeon and talk about your options. Didn't your doctor discuss this with you before the fracture surgery? With an added MCL tear, you really need proper medical guidance to prevent serious problems. If you are having trouble walking without your knee buckling you will need reconstructive surgery. Don't wait around hoping it will heal by itself. It won't. I had ACL reconstruction using a cadaver graft, and even though recovery was a pain, it was worth it. I have recovered nearly 100% mobility in my knee.

5. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Gauri.. Now I'm curious.. Are u a doctor? I presumed u were a scientist !!

KashmirFlower and kaniths like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The last 2 lines of my post should give it away. The only reason I know all this is 'cause "been there, done that". Tore my ACL playing badminton. But I am a doctor you know, just not the medical kind. :cool::D

coffeecups likes this.
  7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

OP,

Just like all roads lead to Rome, all neglected tears and joint issues will propagate and ultimately start to involve the spine unless you treat them in a timely fashion. I am telling you this from my personal experience. So dont neglect treatment. Joints can heal and even heal permanently but spine problems --- not so easy.

8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I didn't read it fully.. Lol

9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Now you know why she gets the extra 'ji'.....! ;) By default! :p :D

10. priyanka123456

Hi gauri.....am afraid...my docs tld dat partial acl tear no need of surgery nly physio...now am afraid wat to do....docs dint prefer surgery for past 2 yrs...but dnt knw now wats da situation