1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

another way to lose weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by gayathri1981, Oct 11, 2012.

1. gayathri1981

gayathri1981 Senior IL'ite

Hello All

This worked for me and my spouse.

We bought a Nutribullet (similar to magic bullet but with even more high power motor) watch its related videos on you tube. search 'nutribullet' or search 'david wolf' this man shows how to make smoothies..

you can also use any other blenders with similar .

We both replaced breakfast and dinner with these smoothies, and he lost 10kgs in 2 weeks. I lost 5 kgs since i did not strictly doing the routine. i ate some cookies, and sometimes ate with my kid :)

this is safe way becoz we get more nutrients in smoothies than regular idli,dosa,roti,breakfast or dinner.

we add a handful or organic baby spinach,half avocado,5, or 6 organic baby carrots,1 organic green apple, few frozen fruits like mango,strawberry,or blueberries,10 walnuts/almonds, 2 spoon flax seeds, 1 tablespoon wheatgerm,3 or 4 dates, sometime we add 1 tsp honey to sweeten, we vary the fruits like orange, red apple, peach ,pear, grapes, watermelon, banana like that in rotation. spinach and avocado,nuts and seeds - are standard, fruits vary everyday. we blend these with 2.5 cups water..it also tastes good u wont be feeling hungry for next 3hrs.

we had regular lunch , a complete meal with carb,protein,and vegetables.
    for lunch we ate quinoa/ or multi grain rotis with paneer, tofu, mushroom, nutella soy chunks, dhals and lentils etc..,. we avoided rice as far as possible.

for evening snack i made chickpeas sundals, or sprout chaat, or baked masal vada type of snacks from shivachouvey's blog and from other recipes,like chivda, boiled peanuts, ..since we ate these, we were not really hungry at night, so drinking smoothie for dinner was not a big deal.

we also drink lots of water and green tea ..still we continue our smoothies, but not very strict....sometime we eat oats idli for dinner...or cracked wheat upma.

I noticed improvement in skin and hair and nails, under eye dark circles, sleep patterns - everything improved amazingly.these are bonus:)

Pros of drinking smoothies

1.you are adequately hydrated
    2.does not make you feel hungry or dizzy like other diets
    3.stops your carb and sweet cravings since its raw food that goes in the smoothies.
    4.kitchen counters are clean since no breakfast/dinner:) (of course i cook for my kid both breakfast and dinner.)
    5.weight loss ...
    6.better digestion and sleep

cons

1.costly affair since nutribulet is close to 100 dollars and i buy organic as far as possible..it is pricey..costco is good for bulk purchase of nuts and frozen fruits.
    2.you always need to have fresh produce in fridge,if the variety is limited, you are not motivated to juice.
    3.tough to follow if you go out or traveling.

These days I added or replaced ingredients like Goji berries, pine nuts, Hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds , sesame seeds, etc..,

if possible, watch 'fat sick and nearly dead' - Movie for free on hulu.com . its there is netflix too. it enlightens a lot. Also if you are on facebook, subscribe Nutribullet, they post smoothie benefits every other day.

let me know if u have questions.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    2 people like this.

2. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I think if you completely depend of fruit smoothies, you might lose weight initially due to cutting out carbs from your diet but later on you might put it back on. Also, fruits contain fructose and its a quick sugar, so in the long run it might turn to fat. Also, there wouldn't be a lot of fibre in your diet, so there might be digestive problems. This is just my 2 cents, correct me if I am wrong. Also, congrats on your weight loss :)

3. gayathri1981

Hi
    I think i forgot to mention, we had regular lunch , a complete meal with carb,protein,and vegetables.

for lunch we ate quinoa/ or multi grain rotis with paneer, tofu, mushroom, nutella soy chunks, dhals and lentils etc..,.

also we add wheatgerm to our smoothies.1 tablespoon of wheatgerm.
    there is fiber, apple contains a lot of fiber, also nuts,and flax...its not only fruits + veg...its also includes nuts and seeds, avacado is full of good fat, and protein...my afternoon lunch has lots of fiber as well. and its been 2 months since we lost. we did not gain it at all...infact we lost 2 more pounds.surprisingly though we sneaked every now and then during occassions like parties, picnic ....

But i accept what we lost was water weight..initially that's the first thing to come offf..But still we only felt more energetic and relaxed after this smoothie inclusion.

4. deepsach

deepsach Junior IL'ite

HI i too wnt some more information on this as i am planning to buy one for me and r u doing any exercises with this smoothies..

5. gayathri1981

No exercise, I ate proper lunch with quinoa, roti with dhal with veggies. evening i ate baked snacks, chivda, etc.., only for breakfast,and dinner drank smoothies. in addition, lots of water, and 2 green tea everyday.