1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another side of number one city

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Aug 8, 2011.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

A coin has two sides,A man has two sides and like that all cities have two sides.
    yesterday i went to the world's number one city Newyork for sight seeing. we used the city tour bus trip and had a ride for an hour.Almost it covered the well known places but i am not to write about such places.

There are so many pavement shops selling fruits,kababs,chicken vareities,softdrinks ,umbrellas etc.i was amazed to see a woman pulling a trolley with so many waste, products such as used cloth,paper tumblers,suit case, and it remembered me our rag pullers.The only difference is the dress.Many were buying food from the roadside shops and ate which resembled our kaiyenthi bhavan.

To my dismay i didn't come across a single beautiful lady.They don't bother of having shabby appearance and i am not mentioning about their dress but their outlook..Please don't mistake me i am degrading them but here i want to mention our young girls undergoing diet and going to gym to reduce their weight.Hi my girls eat whatever you want in a limited quantity and be healthy and strong.Then no need to spent money in gym and diet.I am proud to say our Indian ladies are beautiful in the world.Our country is second to none in all the fields.

Friends those who are in U.S.may give negative comments but i have written what i felt.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rukmini dear glad to see your write up and thanks for sharing your views. East or West India is the best for those who are in India.

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for coming viji.The city is crowded and dirty and garbages on the platform in big bundles.I was shocked to see all these rubbishes.

4. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hello periamma, I agree with you India is best, I am a citizen of US.
    I feel that there are equally beautiful people here also. Its just the color is different. People are people, black, white or brown.. some pretty, some ok types and some very ordinary.. that doesnt depend on their race, caste, country or color.. its all in the way we see it.. our outlook towards it.
    New york is dirty i agree..

5. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,
    Your views are not very different from what I get to know from two of my relatives, one who stays over there and the other one pays a visit every alternate year!

There is good and bad all over, here as well as there. It is our choice which one we choose to see and talk about.

Good to see your writing, Dear. Wish you a great time !

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Successminded i am not degrading anyone.Indian women have some attractions which is missing there.Thanks for your response dear.

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks kalyani.some great people say India is a country of slums and that's the reason why i have touched the subject.It's true every country has rich and poor.

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Periamma, lovely writeup.
    So you had a good tour of the NYC on the hop in hop out bus !!

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Yeah there is good and bad things every where,every race,every community,we cannot generalize.

10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

yes sudha i had a ride in the hop in hop out bus.As i can't walk for a long distance my sil selected this bus tour.