1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Love Story For You, This Time With A Happy Ending!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 20, 2008.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I will never know what I enjoy the most in your threads..the initial post/story or the following fbs and your patient and lucid replies to them.

I will never ever mind if you give me a long reply, there is always a lot of points in them to mull over. I have also read the other fbs and your replies to them and am enjoying the whole thread.

Thanks to you and thank you:)

L, Kamla

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I have no words to express my admiration for you.. your writing enamours all from Mithila Kannan to Swetha..
    I was forcing myself not to google about Villi Dasan..I want to read about him only from you..But sure, his love will now take a 360 degree turn and he will start appreciating the beauty of the eyes of Lord Ranganatha.

Sridhar...which one should I appreciate more..your story/ narration or the reply to your feedbacks. I have read so many feedbacks, that I am sure I cannot say anything new.

I am deeply touched by your suggestion to Swetha about developing her passions, mentioning there about your personal duty to your friend (of course me!!):bowdown

"Unless Gita comes out of our Puja room, it will not have any relevance for us": Very well said and absolutely true.
    God bless you.

Regards
    USHA

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    I loved to write long replies, talk incessantly; occupational diseases of a mofussil accountant.
    And I fall in love with every one who reads my post and sends in a fb. And how to express my love, only by devoting as much attention to the reply, as I do to the main post. At times I get carried away by my own words and forget where to stop.
    All said and done, IL hones my writing skills - both prepared writing (original post) and ex tempore writing (replies to fb)

When somebody like you write something like that I get a feeling of reassurance.
    thanks,
    love,

4. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    It is not that my writing enamours Mithila or Swetha. It is the great Acharya, who is timeless who appealed to Perinambikal of those days, a chartered accountant in Madurai, a home-maker, writer in Chennai, another chartered accountant in the Gulf and her sweet daughter. The penace done by my ancestors gave me the privilege of carrying his words to you. The words I write have become twice blessed as they carried His love to all.

And to Swetha, I owe that duty, as she is my friend's daughter. I did nothing more than that.

I am very happy to see that you liked my words about Gita coming out from our Puja Rooms. It was first uttered in the battle field to symbolically tell us that we should read the book, while battling in our lives. When something is kept sacred and is worshipped, it will never be read and discussed.

Thanks for the fb, Usha.
    regards,

5. varalotti

My Dear GFs,

Bowing to your requests I am posting the concluding part of the story early. Right now.

Why should Villi come running to Ramanuja crying,
    "We Have Sinned, Acharya"?

To know the answer read on.

I don't have words to thank you all for your wonderful responses. Writing these posts has had a very beneficial effect on me too. I am able to do somethings now which I earlier considered as difficult if not, impossible.

And I am sure if his story can reform a hardened man like me, it can do wonders to your young and energetic minds.

May you and yours be always blessed by the Great Acharya, and by the Great Lord of Love, Sri Renganatha.

love,

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Varalotti

Only today I went through your story. While reading I felt Villi Dasan
    is really alive. I read your story the first part and the comments written
    by others. I am not a good writer so not able to put my feelings in
    writing.

And the great Lord, whose eyes are not to be seen even by the highest of Devas and the wisest of Rishis, whose Feet cannot even be touched by Vedas and all the knowledge in the world, opened his most beautiful eyes for Villidasan to see. Villidasan was awe-struck; no he was love-struck.

The sight lasted for a fraction of a second. Villi instantly fell in love with those large, beautiful eyes, for which nothing in the world is even a pale comparison.

Reading the above lines I felt as if I could see Lord Renganathar's
    beautiful eyes. In my younger days I used to read lot of stories
    and while reading I used to forget everything else , used to feel
    as if I had a feast. Reading your story also I felt like that. While
    going through the story I did not know where I am , I was so much
    engrossed in it. Our Ilites have given nice feedback. I read everyone's
    feedback.

with blessings

viji

7. varalotti

Dear Viji,
    I am pleased to welcome you with open hands to my forum. In my very first post to me you have told a lie. You have said that you are not a good writer and that you are not ale to put your feelings in writing. That's a lie, a green lie, as we say in our place for you write well and have expressed whatever you thought in your mind.

These stories are meant to make us forgetful of our false selves and make us remember our true selves - our Union with the Most Loving God.

Looking forward to your kind blessings in my other threads as well,
    Love,
    sridhar

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Sridhar

First of all thanks a lot for your immediate reply. I am honoured.
    Compared to the other ILites I feel I am not a good writer. But
    I am trying my best to write more and more so that one day
    my post also will be selected for best post. I have taken the
    privilege to address u Sridhar.

These stories are meant to make us forgetful of our false selves and make us remember our true selves - our Union with the Most Loving God.
    What u have written is very true.

with blessings

viji

9. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti Sir:

You certainly know how to keep the readers' interest alive. I do not know if I can ever describe what love is all about. But you seem to know and I am awaiting your explanation with bated breath. The best part of it is that it will arrive in the form of a story -- not a lecture.

In the meantime, I am reminded of Romeo & Juliet and these immortal lines from the play:

"Love goes toward love, as schoolboys from their books,

But love from love, toward school with heavy books."

I am sure your story will bring out the essence of lines such as these!!

All the best.

ojaantrik