Another Kid Falls in Tubewell

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by geeta2009, Jun 22, 2009.

1. geeta2009

geeta2009 New IL'ite

This has become a routine. After every month or two, a poor small child falls into a ditch due to a gross neglect by the civil authorities and his or her own parents. This time, its a small girl in Doha who fell in a tube-well hole. Luckily, she was saved, but her condition is still quite serious.

How many kids will have to fall before authorities take an action? Why don't the authorities fine people who left these holes open? At least 2 children have lost their life in such incidents recently.

This is sick.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

this is really aweful and scary...but by the way what are the kids parents doing??? where the hell are they when all this was happening??

3. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

well cant blame parents. I have come across a news that a lady's dead body is found in a manhole. These are just indications of pure negligence by the government...
    I dont understand how can they leave these open...

by the way open things like these here
    News, Politics & Society - IndusLadies

4. VRajesh

VRajesh Bronze IL'ite

Yes these incidences show the negligence of the respective department people.

Even adults are falling into the holes then children they dont even know what is out there to think.

5. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

I only blame the parents for this. My child is my responsibility. I would give my life to make sure that he is safe. But these people neglect their child and let them play alone. Almost all kids who have fallen in these ditches were too small to know anything.

How can a parent leave their 2-3 year olds out to play alone? Plus, the tubewell holes are not like the manholes in the cities. They are dug by the people of the village only. So, its the responsibility of the villagers to close them too.

6. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

So true Jasminder...

The problem is that in rural areas people have more children than they can handle, both financially and practically. They just don't have the time to take care of their kids and thus, these incidents are so common in such areas.