1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Anger Burst Of My Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ILUser07, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

As most of you know from my previous posts. My husband has anger issues and I trying different ways to handle it. Now I am pregnant with second kid(I know i am stupid). Due to my nausea, i am unable to do cooking and my husband is helping me a lot. Sometimes, the pressure builds up inside him and bursts out. Today one such case as he is unable to find a vessel to cook. I am at work and he called and started shouting. I told him where it is and he goes on shouting why don't you keep in one place bla bla.. I tried telling calmly but he doesn't stop. He started saying I am not able to all this and its effecting my work etc etc. He says your parents doesn't tell exactly when they will come and always unplanned. Started blaming them for everything. My dad is having a health issue and taking treatment for that. Then he starts saying, why don't that old man die? if he does I can plan everything properly. I am so pissed of with this.
    I told him - I already told you where the vessel is and I don't have anything to talk and disconnected the call.
    He got mad and kept calling me at work. When I answered he says "you will learn a lesson if something happens to me. why are you not answering? if i do something to myself, don't you know your son will be alone at home? I am dumb stuck at this point. I know he is just playing with my emotions but how can he even think with a toddler in front of his eyes?
    I told him, I know it is difficult to do cooking and managing work, that why I want to go to India for delivery. He started on this point again. After a long call of blaming he says, you can leave to India with our kid but I will never see your face or kids face again in my life. Its the end of our relation. Decide if you want to stay or leave.
    For the fact, I seriously want to leave. We can't manage alone in US as he can't take any stress. If my parents or his parents come, it will be torture for them everyday. I want to go to India very badly.

@Rihana @Rakhii @yellowmango @MalStrom

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Has your husband had a physical done recently? Sometimes issues like high blood pressure, thyroid or even sugar levels can cause irritability. That is not an excuse for his behavior, but just something to rule out.
    Next time something like this comes up, calmly answer him like telling him where the utensil is. Thank him for cooking. If he starts yelling do not engage. Politely but firmly tell him that you need to get back to work and you will talk when you get back home. If you both start giving back and forth while things are tense it can get out of control very quickly and many unnecessary things end up being said.
    If he keeps calling you at work just text him back that you cannot talk now. You have to try to be calm. This stress is not good for you. If you truly feel it will be better to go to India then look into that option so you can travel while it's still safe.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Yes. He is very upto date with physicals. He has high BP issue from 12th grade and he blames me for that. He says one day he will die of BP or heart attack bcoz of me. I tried answering calmly. I tried ignoring. If I dont pick up, he just goes wild and starts calling parents in India. If I go to another room, he follows. He doesn't allow me to go out of home. He says I can't enter back or I can't take the kid. He doesn't make any attempt to calm down nor he allows me to. He wants a fight and throw all the anger at me so he can feel light. Very next day, he acts normal and expects the same. If he thinks I am not normal, he starts again.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Okay, this is not right. If he has a non-life threatening medical condition it is his responsibility to take medication and manage it. You should start documenting this behavior.

5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

ok. i have a suggestion. why can't you hire a cook . who can come and cook for you guys. i know very well , get a cook depends upon where you live. i live in new jersey edison. sulekha ad gives me a lot of responses.

note. i have a cook . the food is not the best in the world. just survival enough. but it reduces a lot of stress with work and kids. she comes 3 times a week.

Rihana and shravs3 like this.
  6. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Yes. I hired a cook. she charged $18/hr. May be bcoz of the expense in just a day, my husband said, he can manage.

7. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

OMG ..typical indian attitude. Save till you die.

I am very sure you are not a minimal wage employee. It will do a lot of help to you and your family considering this monthly 200 to 300 doller expense.

Sorry no suggestions

Rihana likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

How many hours do you need her for? What is your combined hourly pay as a couple? Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. And while you're at it get a cleaning service too. Once the baby comes you will be stretched even thinner.

9. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Why not buy home-cooked food from someone? At least it will be cheaper than getting them to your house, you just have to pick it up.

Still, this is horribly stressful, especially fora pregnant woman. Is he happy about he pregnancy? Is he feeling overwhelmed by the responsibilities? When he is calm, I think you should discuss that you want to have a happy and peaceful pregnancy, for the good of your child. Try to figure out a game plan, if this means flying to India for the remainder of the time. Maybe the separation will do him good, and he will appreciate you... or you take him on the ultimatum and let him come to you. Either way, I want you to have a safe pregnancy and your husband is known to go to extremes when he's angry.

What is your plan after the child arrives? Do you want to settle in India?

Lalithambigai and BiriyaniAroma like this.
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I have this kind of problem. Get irritated and say unnecessary things and shout many times. I just get stressed out and start feeling helpless. My h is dealing with it and he in dealing and me in responding are doing well. Whenever I get angry like this he do not reply back. He let me shout and cry then he come to me give a smile and say come do this or that. if I don't listen to him and continue then he talk to me upto the time I get calm down and become normal again. He explains me how he was not able to help me out and how I should handle this. We discuss about the various things that we can do to reduce the stress. He don't expect me to keep the house clean though we both want that but we don't take stress and do it as per our capabilities and time. You can never handle him with anger as it will worsen the situation. When in anger whatever he say just ignore it and tell him later that you said that but you was angry that time so I assume that you don't really think like that. You need to have lots of patience and understanding. Give him the love and respect and show him how important he is for you. Keep away those things that you can't manage and find the easy way outs. The most important thing is your relationship. Next comes later. So focus more on that.

Rihana and parvathi1980 like this.