1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anonymous! - 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 29, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I went well ahead of time to the station. I was all geared up for this trip, as I had been working too long without a break. And, got a bit luckier when one of my friends procured a ticket for me to the finals of the IPL 20 - 20 match, to be held in Chennai. Since it was a bit late, I could only get a seat in second A.C. compartment. Biting my teeth at the price and getting a bit of a solace, I packed lighter and was waiting for the train to arrive.

I already had a pillow sized book which could be used for both time-pass and as a pillow [rolling my soft towel on it, made a perfect pillow for me]. I got a side upper berth, and found that neither my height, nor my bulk would fit in there easily. I was hoping that I would get someone who would be willing to change his side-lower berth to me [at least, even if you fall, you won't hurt youself much]. The train arrived and so did the rain. Amidst chaos, I boarded the train [wonder why they lock the A.C. compartment from inside and open it very late] and was having an increasing hope, as it was just 5 minutes and the side lower berth was vacant.

As usual, fate intervened and I found a well built guy coming and occupying it comfortably. The first thing he did, was to turn aside when I smiled and quickly made his bed. I cursed him and was reading the same page of the book another time, hoping that I would understand that one day. The train started and soon picked up. I did not know when i slept but was woken up roughly, by that guy. He was very angry and thrust my book [must have fell down - on him!]. Without waiting for my apology, he sat down. Sooner, the train screeched to a halt. Everybody was up, but even the night lights were out. It seemed that we were totally cut off from the rest and were fumbling when I saw the smoke. It seemed to be coming from the A.C. vent at the other end above me and was thickening fast.

"Fire!", I yelled and realized my foolishness. There was already a confused crowd, which now panicked and all seemed to run to the entrance. It was found that there was a lake on one side, so those who ran to that side now tried running to the other end at the same time. The smoke seemed to reduce a bit, but there was already a foul odour [like that of a plastic or something burning]. With windows jammed [A.C. compartment], people were jumping from the other side, God only knows how many problems did they encounter.

-to be continued.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Hope Anonymous - 1 people are unanimously helping each other to get down from the train without any stampede or death. Good one. Waiting for the next one very eagerly

3. rgsrinivasan

That was a real quick feedback Sreema. Thanks a lot for it. The end is predictable, but still there is a twist. -rgs

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A good one Rgs...will contd on the part 2...

Shanti

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation shanti [and sorry for my delayed response] -rgs