1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

anonymity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radha_chennai, Apr 25, 2009.

1. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    This is my first blog here.I started this just to help my friend to show how to start blogging here.How does anonymity on the net feel to you?I heard people say that they show different characteristics online because they don't fear a rebuff here. As for me i am the same old person here or in person .Does fear of ridicule change a person to show the world a different character?Can't we be our natural selves even here ?Supposing i am rude to someone here ,don't i get brickbats from all of you?Why do we always crave appreciation ?Is that a benchmark for our selfworth?Guess i am posing all these questions here may be because i can't do it in person?Big Laugh
    regards,
    radha

2. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

@Radha
    Being anonymous or not depends on one's own mindset.Its true that human beings crave for appreciation, but thats just not it. People generally have a feeling that by being anonymous, you can write whatever you want to, criticise the way you want to..but I guess it depends on your nature..I prefer to be anonymous NOT for the reason to voice whatever I want, but just to retain my privacy..A blog is one's own personal space and I can write what i want to.And differentiating between the character is something I dont even want to cinsider..you would generally want to portray yourself through what you write and in my case, I try and be honest.Hope I havent confused you.Sorry for hogging the comment space.Good luck with blogging

3. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

dear subha,
    thanks for your comments.I agree with you 100%.anonymity should give you privacy but shouldn't change your basic nature i feel.Anonymity should give us the courage to express ourselves freely but not for taking potshots at others.
    radha

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Radha,
    Anonymity is a resort a blogger takes maintain the privacy or not to reveal too much of herself/himself.

Using anonymity for reasons like flaring and not maintaining certain etiquettes is like using a knife to cut vegetables but not for cutting yourself.

Someway or other our writings displays our character. Honesty is always appreciated.

Jaya

5. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

dear jaya,
    thats true.It happens in real life too even if we mask our feelingsan,try to project ourselves as good .people will realise it sooner or later.
    radha