1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying DH's habit :( Suggestions needed !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by NaveenaSasi, Mar 19, 2013.

1. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

I have been married since one year.. Staying with DH and my in laws.. Me and DH are working in the same office.. I had gone thru some bad times with DH wer we had fights either becoz of each other or becoz of our family.. But that's not my problem now.. I knw this happens at all homes..

My DH has this worst habit that keeps annoying me a lot. When we both fight with each other my DH immediately calls either my parents or his parents and complaints what has happened.. He has done this a few times before.. Once wen we had a fight, he immediately called my mom and explained every nitty gritty of our fight.. My mom started scolding me like anything for wat has happend.. She realized that the mistake lies on both our sides.. hence she advised my DH also to be so and so hereafter.. That made him more tensed becoz he believed that fault lies with me alone.

Today we again fought at office for a small issue, he immediately called his dad and complained abt me, inspite of me pleading him not to go to his dad for this minor issue.. We are living in a joint family.. I try to keep all our fights between us only.. Although I ask him to deal everything inside our room he somehow shows his long face infront of everybody or shout infront of everybody such that our fite is revelaed to all.. My MIL immediately comes and keeps asking me wats gng on between us both.. Its seriously hurting me and smehw I feel I hve no privacy at my home..

How much ever serious the fight may be, it will not last or had not lasted for more than a day.. the very next day we wud be like lovers again.. But our parents will not understand this fact.. The implications are worse...

1) I am afraid my inlaws may feel that I am spoiling their son's happiness or I am the problem creator..
    2) My parents and inlaws may be very much worried that our realtionship is in trouble. My mom seriously did not sleep for 3 days when my DH had taken our fite to her..(but we became love birds the very next day). My mom started feeling that my elder sis is alright in her life.. She is only worried abt my life.. My elder sis has had similar fights with her DH.. but thy have never taken it to parents and all..
    3) I am really ashamed to face my inlaws and scared thinking wat all my DH wud have told abt me to them..

I strongly feel that all our fights shud be kept between both of us only unless until its highly important to take to our parents.. When I see him call our parents and complaint, I feel he is so immatured and I get very much annoyed.. I can't understand why he is not able to handle our fights.. He is capable of handling anything else all alone.. I know him very well.. he is very very matured in all other things..

Does this mean that we shud not have any fights at all hereafter (fearing that he ll take to parents)? will I have to ignore and adjust everything? but then won't I be leading a fake life ? (Please not that the frequency of our fights has reduced very much compared to the initial few months of our marriage). How can I change this habit in my DH ? I want him to keep all our fights between us only.. I already advised him and got promise from him that he shud not call our parents next time we fight.. but I had gone mad today since it hapened again..

How do u think this can be solved ? Shud I change myself or is ther any way to change my DH ? Please pour in ur suggestions..

1 person likes this.

2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Tell him frankly it is very immature of him, to run to parents with every small things. Is he a 3yr old or what? Ask him to grow up and be a man.

Other thing, tell your parents about this habit of his and ask them not to worry about his calls so much. My husband used to think the same. But my mom put him right the first time he called her. She just got irritated and told him bluntly not to come to them for such small things. She assured that if big problems arise between us, my parents will always be there for us. But won't entertain any petty matters. Maybe its time your parents tells your husband the same.

As for his going to your in-laws, I guess you cannot help much with it. Try to make them understand that it is childish of their son to do so. And if MIL says something to you over it, just tell her that its matter between you and your husband and you two will sort it out yourself.

sindmani, keerthi88, ShilpaMa and 3 others like this.
  3. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

I think this is were the problem lies,you give in easily to him.I mean every time you behave normal with him after he blabbers,he faces no consequences for his actions.He thinks its no big deal,you are going to be ok the next day so he has no regrets.When "talking and making him understand" doesn't work show it your actions.Make him pay,don't talk to him unless he genuinely apologizes and promises not to repeat it.Tell your Il's lightly not to worry,its just a small fight.We will resolve it soon.And chat with them nicely,divert the topic all the while ignoring your Dh. Ask your parents not to encourage his complaints like let them say"Its not nice if we meddle in your problems.You both are grown ups,resolve it yourself."Inform your folks about his nature and tell them it will only get worse if they listen to him and try to solve it.

4 people like this.
  4. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

I have already told him this many times.. he agrees to me wen I advise.. but during our fights he somehow loses control and immediately call our parents.. Today I scolded him for repeating it again.. His reply made me more tensed.. He said, "I got hurt.. dats y I called my dad.." I asked him "have I ever ran to our parents wen I got hurt? I was dealing it only with u rite?".. He blindly replied "I am not like you".. and added that "if u want u also go and tell ur parents, let them come and question me"... :bowdown :bowdown

Thanks for ur valuable time and suggestions sweetshreya.. I ll really take up wat u have suggested..

2 people like this.
  5. SKMK

SKMK New IL'ite

hELLO Frnd, tell ur husbnad to be grown up man. he is behaving like childish. do one thing, next time he call ur parents or his parents, ask him to do a meeting with u also. so that he is not projecting in bad side.

6. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

I should really do this.. Thanks for replying snm1984..

7. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Ask him this: Does he run to his dad when he is hurt by his manager or co-workers in his office? Does he run to his mom if someone screams at him while driving in traffic? Will he run to his dad when a grocer sells him a bad apple? Does he run to his mom when bank refuses to sanction his loan or demands his bills or EMI?

How does he handles these situations? Does his mom goes and scolds his manager for not giving him expected performance review? Does his dad meets his company's client's to scold them for giving tight deadlines?

Hope you got my drift......

5 people like this.
  8. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Leaving the fight apart... whenever he is in happy mood with you and does anything for you.... call your /his parents and inform them of every minor things he does for you....

he takes you out for drive... call your/his mom
    he orders your fav dish....call...
    he buys you something.....call ...
    he is in romantic mood.... call again... and so on....

let him realise how irritiatting and immature it is to share personal stuff.....

6 people like this.
  9. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Talking to him about it, is not going to work as there is a chance of him discussing the very issue with other. Try being the first one to complain about him. He might come to his senses after 3 or 4 such sessions.

3 people like this.
  10. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

If this happened with me, this is what I would have done...
    After we fought, I would have made a snide remark and tease him boldly - Don't you want to go run crying to your mom ?

It will provoke major fight at that time but sometimes you have to take that risk for the point to sink in. Stop pleading to him and do away with this issue at one time. He is being a baby and you need to make him realize this harshly.

My husband never jumped at sharing our matters to his mom, although sometimes he does but never fights. But his mom when sees either of us in bad mood, questions and wants to resolve it. She does it with her relatives too. She wants to support one partner, preach the other one and make things ok. This pisses me off. Once I clearly told her - This is between me and him. Just her saying that its ok, things happen does not make things allright between us. We are adults and can deal with things on our own. If he was not ready to deal with marriage, he should have stayed single. I don't come asking you or dad about your personal difference and you should never expect me to either.

4 people like this.