1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Annoyed at husband since baby!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by CharuKaur, Jul 3, 2014.

1. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

Men are made like dat. Dey dont offer dey need to be asked. Asking them on a regular basis will make dem ofder. Dis is der manufacturing defect. So be patient n keep asking until it gets embedded into his sub conscious mind

2. jigisha321

jigisha321 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP, totally understand where your frustration comes from...when my DD was born, my H promptly shifted in another room citing the reason that if he cannot sleep at night how will he work in office ?? Meanwhile, since I am at home, I can sleep any time...well, a night's sleep is a night's sleep...daytime naps cannot compensate for that..after a C-section I used to be sleep deprived like anything and used to lose temper also because of this...anyways..like this he continued for 2 months and then happily left for abroad..

When after 3 months I joined him abroad, thankfully he started sharing some of DD's jobs like sterilizing bottles ,doing the utensils, rocking her to sleep at night and so on...but he used to complain a lot too..and still does..about how hard he has to work even after coming back from office..bla bla.. i couldnot care less..

Now I am also working in India and he came for a brief visit last month..when we both came back from office and I asked him to sterilize DD's bottles, his response was 'You should have told me earlier'..only one day he was kind enough to do the job...rest of the days he would prefer to spend in front of TV...

So the summary is that most men have it easier than women after childbirth...yes..even if you are a working woman...it makes me mad also to see the unfairness of it...help does not come unsolicited and when it comes , it comes as a huge favour..

1 person likes this.
  3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Problem is not that he is not doing enough. Problem is both of you are overtired. As new parents both lives have changed. What you need to understand is that BOTH of you need to relax and rest in order to function properly. So what if how he relaxes is different from yours? He wants to relax on the golf course, so let him. Instead of resenting it encourage him. Then the following weekend you leave baby with him and go take a good 3-4 hour chunk of some me time. Take turns to rejuvenate yourself or get stuff done while the other watches or plays with baby. I dont understand what is the problem with eating fruit so cant help you there.