1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anjalis of this world.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Mithila Mam!

My first interaction with you. I truly concur with your words. These girls are really doing yeoman service.

I bow to u for bringing in this thread.

I too have to mention about Vasanthi who used to come in shifts to take care of my MIL during her last 15 days when she had to monitored hourly for BP, temperature, medicine, food intake, urine output etc. All these were to be noted in a tabular chart specially prepared.

There were also other girls Kavitha and another one (am ashamed - i forgot her name) rendering sincere and devoted service to MIL. But of all of them, Vasanthi, a converted christian was everyone's favourite. She was pitch dark in colour but how pleasant she used to look u know. The way she calls my MIL Paatti - Paatti. Paal saapidareengala paati? Odambu seriyana odaney Kolangal paakkalama paati. My........ how many times she used to call Paati. My MIL who was most of the time drowsy would remember this girl alone by look and name and ask why Vasanthi has not come. Neykku aval poarum ... like that.

Even now I never miss to wish Vasanthi for new year and christmas and also call her occasionally.

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear soldier,
    I enjoyed reading your fb.There was this young girl who took care of an elderly lady,in her eightees,so well that if she took half a day leave ,the old lady used to actually cry.By the way all the girls who worked in my house wee christians and so also Anjali.
    love
    mithila

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithila
    It was wonderful to read your warm tribute to those lovely angels who serve others with a smile.
    I have also seen girls from the "Nightingales" service, providing care for some convalescing elders. I have always felt they are the paragons of Humanity because, though they are paid wages, they provide that loving, human touch to their duties , putting their heart into it. I'm sure their loving nature and warm care work wonders, increasing the efficacy of the medicines given.

A big salute to these "Anjalis".

Wish you good health.

4. mithila kannan

My dear TL,
    A big thank you for the lovely fb.
    love
    mithila

5. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami,

We too have had these Anjalis and Rajus for my grandmom, parents, uncle and PILs and now thanks to your post I have started including them in my daily prayer list. I never did think of praying for them earlier. Thank you so much.

Do get well soon.

Love,
    Usha

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

It is nice to see your posting. God blessed you with really good care takers like satya , mamta and anjali. We too had the same experience when my mom was ill for 3 years in kochi. Most of them were very duty bound children except a very few. Since we have no daughters, me and my DH felt all those girls like daughters to us. We compelled them to take food along with us in the dining table. Thanks to my MIL that she too didnt mind their caste or anything. My mother and MIL, they considered these girls as their grand daughters. Every time the agency changes the girl after 3 nonths ( that is the custom in kochi, they dont want the girls to be attached to us ) we felt loosing some body close to our heart. Even then I never included them in my prayer Mithila. I liked them and loved them but this thought is great. After reading this thread, I included them in my prayer list and thanks to you for this dear. I pray to god for your Ayur aarogya soukhyam friend. Awaiting for your more threads.

My love to Anjali and a big Namaste to your DH.

ganges

7. mithila kannan

My dear usha,
    Thank you dear .somehow and for some reason I have stopped praying at all.very bad on my pat.I used to recite Gayathi and ther shlokas,I used to listen to MS Amma's songs, yOUR WORDS HAVE BROUGHT ME BACK TO MY NORMAL SENSE.tHANKS.
    LOVE
    MYTHILI

8. mithila kannan

My dear ganges,
    lovely to read about your dh,your mother and MIL who also looked upon these girls as their daughters.When we bring a smile on their face by being nice to them,God will smile on us.Iam so touched that youngsters like you pray regularly.Iam ashamed my dear,even though God brought me out of a terrible situation I have not prayed at aall for the past couple of days.I have to start now,
    love
    mithila

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

DearMithila,

Your post is so good, full of gratitude,to the four maids, and Anjali is like yr own daughter eh ! Yes see how bonds form, from someone who is related to u by blood, but by compassion and humanity.and how nice it must feel, to have her call u bopth as appa and amma.

God bless her, and when she marries, will u please call me, so i can contribute something little to her life, for i dont give to temples preiests or anyone, but it would give me and Harsha great pleasure to give this wonderful girl something.Feel free to call me anytime.

Regards

kamal

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mythiliji,

My prayers are with you and you recover soon, you are indeed blessed to have all the anjali's looking after you and your blessings for them will make their life good, i can exactly relate to what you are saying as we too had a midde aged anajali who used to take care of my nanima, givig her food and bathing her as mum could not go everyday and feed her and nanima refused to come to our house tostay it was her pride my dad always wanted her to come and stay with us so mum could take care of her.
    In 1990 my mother was attacked by robbers and her index fingers of each hands where cut they were joined but she cannot use her fingers a lot so at time i was 16yrs old and i was my mother's anjali, taking care of her washing her, taking her to the loo cleaning her and to be honest i felt great doing it as mum had done it for us when we were kids, i feel very blessed to have taken care of my mum i am not married so even today when mum cannot bathe herself i bathe her and dress her up she is very strong but at times becomes weak.
    My prayers are with you and you get well soon, sending you a big big hug
    love
    alpa:cheers