Anitibiotics during Ovulation and Conception?? (Type C drug)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by bestrong, Mar 14, 2016.

1. bestrong

bestrong Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am currently pregnant.My LMP was on Jan 25 and mine is fairly a regular cycle with 30 days. I should have ovulated between Feb 8 to Feb 13 during the time at which i had taken antibiotics (Linezolid 600) to treat my Strep throat(Medicine taken from Feb 10-Feb 15)(Throat Bacterial Infection).I had taken AB before and after the ovulation period as well. But those AB are fine with my Dr.

I got pregnant this cycle. When i made my first visit to the Dr and told about AB (as mentioned she was OKie with the AB's taken before and after conception because they are safe drugs) , however not OKie with Linezolid as it s a type C drug which may or may not harm the child. There is no information if this would have harmed the kid and she is not giving any assurance. She initially suggested me to go for MTP and NOT proceed with Pregnancy. However last week she told me that she will do a second opinion and get back to me.

I did my last scan on March 4 and i showed 5 weeks 1 day pregnancy with the following information:

Gestational Sac seen. Sac margins appeared regular
    Gestation Sac measured13.9* 10.6*8 mm(Mean =10.83)
    Yolk Sac seen
    Yolk Sac measured 2.5 mm
    Fetal Pole not seen
    Both the Ovaries are normal
    No adnexal mass
    No subchorionic hemorrhage
    Internal OS closed

Early intrauterine gestation.
    Estimated Gestational age 5 weeks 1 days

My Question is:

Even if my AB 's is harmful i had taken them during the time of ovulation or fertilization . The fertilized egg will take one week to travel to through the tube and get implanted post which it forms as the embryo and starts growing. So in this case since the AB was taken during conception will it impact the baby?

Please help me..I very badly want this baby, but if the baby is going to suffer with issues its better i dont bring this baby.

Please help with your thoughts

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I hope the meds have not affected the baby. Its too early to disturb.
    Try to stay calm. Ensure the health of the baby by 12W scan.
    Take care.
    Always be cautious on the meds you take.

3. bestrong

bestrong Senior IL'ite

Thank You Vasu..I never expected this pregnancy...What are all the scans that should be taken to ensure everything is fine with my baby?Please advise

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Generally there will be a scan by 12W (NT scan) to check all the basic internals of the growing baby. It will clear out the confusion. Check out with your gynec on it.
    Take care.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@bestrong
    I happen to visit here and gone through your post and feedbacks. I stand curious about the impact on you pregnancy of that AB (C Drug ) that LINEZOLID administered for treating strep throat infection.

Now after four years, may I know, How do you feel about your boy and was your concern then of the possible impact of that C drug unfounded or not?

IL members here would appreciate your comments in this regard for future guidance.

With best wishes
    Thyagarajan.