Animals on my African doorstep

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Neesha, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone

On Tuesday we went for our end of year function to Tala Valley, a private Game Reserve between Pietermaritzburg and Durban. Thought I'd share the pictures with you. I think we're quite fortunate with the abundance of wildlife that we have. Our children can see it for real not just in pictures.

Regards Neesha

Attached Files:

2. iindus_17

iindus_17 New IL'ite

hi
    Its very nice.Any more pics?

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neesha,
    For me, a Chennaite, these are like scenes from Discovery Channel or Animal planet !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Neesha,

Thanxs for posting the pics!!!

5. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitra and "Indus'

I was also thinking the same on Tuesday as we were literally driving past these animals, that many people only see this on Animal planet and Discovery Channel. These are the only photos I took besides a few of the "party animals".
    They also have a game drive and 2 years ago our staff also went to Tala and the game drive in a big jeep. We saw so many different buck (deers), parked almost under the giraffe, saw many species of game even a hippopotamus and learnt a lot about them from the guide.

If you come to SA its definitely worth a visit.

Neesha

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Neesha,

Fantastic pictures! They look so live (of course they are live) but the energy flows out even from the pics.

I am trying to do a safari, visiting a games reserve soon. Can you post a few articles on the safari scene in South Africa? Is there a place called Mala Mala? Is it really as good as they say it is? I come to Cape Town once a month.

Love your articles throughout IL. U present a different world to us with your words. Keep posting.

regards
    Vidya

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Neesha,
    i love such beautiful places. I liked the photos very much. You are indeed lucky to be in such a place. Your children would have a lovely childhood. Please post more photos, if possible.

8. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hello Vidhya and "Varloo" (Vareyluxmi)

Glad you enjoyed the photos. I had to come back to the office on Tuesday (mean boss - just kidding!) so that's why I didn't take many photos but I'll check from other trips and post some soon.

Vidhya - why are you coming to Cape Town every month? Lucky you - it's a beautiful place - Table Mountain, Cape Point (where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet) etc, Houtsbay, Simon's Town etc.
    When are you going on safari? There are many National Parks (state run) and Private Game reserves - these are very expensive but you do get to see the wildlife whereas with national parks you not really guaranteed.
    Most of the game reserves are very reputable but Mala Mala is on the other side of the country (next to the Kruger National Park) in Limpopo province whereas Cape Town is in Western Cape. Keep in touch and tell me if you'll are touring South Africa or just Cape and how long you'll are going to stay then I can make suggestions. In the meantime you can check South Africa Accommodation, Hotels / South Africa Travel

Regards Neesha

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Neesha,

Thanks for the info. Will check the site and also ask you(please) when more tips are needed. Husband has to come to Cape Town office for one Monday and Tuesday every month. So we come on friday/saturday and leave Tuesday night. I dont go round much since I have to do it alone. Still we manage to do some local sight seeing. But sadly, have not been able to do any game reserves. I would prefer to go to a safari that is not very expensive- I am thinking of good value for money. Will pm you for info,please, if it is okay with you.

Please do post more on life, the Indian diaspora, travel tips etc in South Africa. Your posts are most appreciated. You must have noticed that last month Who is my relative? was nominated for Finest Posts of IL.

regards
    Vidya

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi neesha,

You have just given us a virtual tour. oh they look so connected to their surrounding and in harmony..would love to see more of them....