1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anger Management In a Married Life !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Meeta, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Re: Lets celebrate being Married Woman

hi Ria,

nice post enjoyed reading:-D

bye
    padma

2. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

Yeah really nice thread Ria, keep it up. I loved the jokes. Ya as u said, being married is not a bed of roses. There may be wonderful times, trivial times, but only one thing can keep the marriage going and that is the belief that "Every day brings a new hope in our life". In this fast paced world where there are fewer marriages and more divorces, let us keep up the belief and make our marriages work. Its easier to end a relationship but more difficult to maintain it. So lets strive towards better relationships and help other achieve the same......... Love to read the views of different members on this site on various subjects.......

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    That was a great one on being married and a laugh riot of jokes 2!!!
    :)

4. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

hi Ria,
    the joke about women with 6 kids was gud..some more please:tongue
    I like ur spirit ..wish some of it rubs off on me..right now I am depressed with my life with nothing much to do..no complaints against anybody but dont know where 2 begin..:oops:

5. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi Meeta
    Seeing your post I am happy to know that I am not the only person tohave such problems

6. fragrance

fragrance New IL'ite

thanks for the jokes. after reading this post i feel as if i had written this. i also get angry on small small things not only with my dh but with my dd also. i will surely follow these tips

7. SujiR

SujiR New IL'ite

Ria,
    Thank you so much for the husband -wife jokes.They were absolutely hilarious.You had me roaring my head off.
    Thanx dear.
    Keep it going.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meeta,

I just came across your thread. I have not read any of the other replies yet, and what I want to say is just based on what you have said so far.

From your post, it appears that your only problem is that your husband and in-laws are not as demonstrative as you would like them to be. Apart from that there does not seem to be any other problem. By your own admission your husband is a great guy.

Now as for being stiff and not demonstrating, let me tell you that there a lot of people in India who are like that. They are uncomfortable with being demonstrative. They tend to be suspicious of it as they think of it as "Natak" as your husband refers to it. Let me tell you that my own family (not ILs) is like that. I myself am very demonstrative and miss that aspect from my parents and sibling. But that does not mean they don't love me. They have always stood by me in my toughest times. Everyone is made different.

I can understand that it might be difficult for you to accept if you come from a family where demonstrativeness is the norm. But you cannot change people around you. So just leave them be and be secure in your knowledge that your husband is supportive and stands by you.

As for your problem with anger, half the problem is solved since you know your problem. It is now upto you to do something by going for anger management programmes (do you live in India or outside - this may not be available in India) or seek other professional help in doing so. You can start very simply by going for Yoga classes and learn meditation techniques which if you practise you will find a vast improvement in yourself. Second thing you need to do immediately is whenever you find yourself getting angry, just take some deep breaths and remove yourself from the situation - i.e. go away from that room. Go out for a walk or something. Work out your anger. Take it out in something physical such chopping vegetables - I have found it to be really therapeutic while listening to some music - but just remove yourself from the presence of the person who is annoying you. This you first need to do in your own interests.

Just think it over and then get on with life. I do hope that this will help you in some way.:thumbsup

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

On a lighter note, Alefiya, I was wondering about the "sad" emoticon. Is it for being referred to as a guy or is it because we are girls? Don't take me seriously. Just joking. :)

Ria, hilarious jokes. Thanks a lot for sharing the same. Had a good chuckle over them. :) :) :)

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Year 2007 thread folks!